What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finsfan said:
haha he was pushing it there. you home all week or did you go back to OK for a few days?

Yuuup! Home till Monday! Have to go in to the office tomorrow and Wed. Have to continue writing this users manual.

Right now I'm watching the Pens/Bruins game drankin this:

image-3320527770.jpg

Yummy!! Verry hoppy!

I also picked up a sixxer of Mad Elf. I knew I'd get raped by Giant Eagle, so I bought some KY before I went over to the cafe to buy the sixxer. It made the $18.00 price tag hurt only a little less. Friggin ridiculous.

finsfan said:
I have only had a few but also enjoy sours. I will have to look for that one
The bottles hop that I just about live in will pop a bottle and pour it by the glass. The guy who owns it is a huge rodenbauch grand caru drinker I personally would choose the sour in the rye when he offers. This same guy owns one of the first and biggest craft beer distributers in pa he can get anything!

The bottles hop that I just about live in will pop a bottle and pour it by the glass. The guy who owns it is a huge rodenbauch grand caru drinker I personally would choose the sour in the rye when he offers. This same guy owns one of the first and biggest craft beer distributers in pa he can get anything!

Either im too f ed up already or you are haha im thinking its the latter

Hey now. My ass needs to lose weight. Though it really doesn't matter this week because of thanksgiving

To everyone else that might make sense, dont bring that jibber-jabber in here tho! :drunk:

I just want to make sure I'm alive and Ya'll do not have to worry about me lol.

I would stick with smoking cigars if I were you. I can't even fathom the logistics of smoking a turkey. Might require some sort of harness around your head...

It's a great neck exercise. It smokes well for hours.

That's it. That'll be two minutes in the box for you. Next time I hear that nonsense, it'll be a five minute major and a game misconduct!

Damn all the hostility. There is too much peer pressure in this forum. A man can't take a break for something he loves. A man needs his space.

tyzippers said:
Yuuup! Home till Monday! Have to go in to the office tomorrow and Wed. Have to continue writing this users manual.

Yummy!! Verry hoppy!

I also picked up a sixxer of Mad Elf. I knew I'd get raped by Giant Eagle, so I bought some KY before I went over to the cafe to buy the sixxer. It made the $18.00 price tag hurt only a little less. Friggin ridiculous.

Yea man thats how much they raped me for too. Craziness.

This ones always pretty solid.

image-2604938484.jpg

View attachment 162499

Yummy!! Verry hoppy!

at least you were prepared :D I heard the bomber and glass giftset is $19 tho! Talk about price gauging

I'm drinking DogFish Head King Midas Touch..Not exactly something new or anything, but my local beer stores have not had it anytime I checked within the last year...I like the history surrounding it, so I have been looking for it for a while.

Today when at the local store, I checked out the DogFish Head shelf on the rack, nothing. Checked the fridge part, they had 2 four packs so I picked one up :)

Definitely a different tasting beer. I'm not a big wine guy, but to me - it tastes half(maybe one third) white wine - half beer. I like it alot, I'm on my third one now :) Cannot taste the 9 % ABV at all.

Also picked up a 4 pack of Great Lakes Blackout Stout, but that is for another day and another time...AKA tomorrow ;)

No pour shot, but a fridge shot..Also have a 24 pack of Saranac's Holiday brews..

IMG_20131125_144427_876_zps03fed267.jpg

ETA : That Redd's Apple Ale in the back is disgusting..Not because it is a "mainstream" beer, or a fruity beer...It just doesn't taste good :/ The apple flavoring is almost "rancid"

My Westy XII clone. Pitched too hot and got a fusel bomb. It's aged out a little over the last year, but having the real deal makes this taste worse. At least I know my mistake for next time...
image-2437453551.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
Damn all the hostility. There is too much peer pressure in this forum. A man can't take a break for something he loves. A man needs his space.

You're starting to sound like my exgirlfriends from high school! Space. I'll give you space in the penalty box! ;)

Dave37 said:
Yea man thats how much they raped me for too. Craziness.

This ones always pretty solid.

I've never heard of that one there. What is it? I'm too lazy to research it.

finsfan said:
at least you were prepared :D I heard the bomber and glass giftset is $19 tho! Talk about price gauging

I hear the glasses are hand made by luscious blonde virgins from Russia. Take it as you will...

dirtybasementbrew said:
It is a very nice glass though:)

See above comment! :)

MrNic said:
That's an awesome beer. One of the few new Belgium beers I'll drink.
yeah I have to agree. Never been a big NB fan but this one's a decent sour for the price.
finsfan said:
damn i may have to pick one of those up, I heard most of the lips of faith brews arent that great
this one's pretty good. I had the 2013 Le Terroir a few weeks ago--that's my favorite of the series that I've tried.
dirtybasementbrew said:
Have you had this yet?
nope. I've never seen that one on the shelves.
:mug:

Drinking my nut brown. After week 5 it's starting to taste a lot better. I can see, to never wait that long to crack the keg though. 3 weeks top. Patience

tyzippers said:
I've never heard of that one there. What is it? I'm too lazy to research it.

Its a small brewery/ restaurant in hartford CT. Went there with the lady once. They distribute to a few places that i know of. Got this sixer in greenfield MA a couple months ago.

Its an english style amber according to bottle id say close to an eSb as well. Pretty good nothing crazy.

Dave37 said:
Its a small brewery/ restaurant in hartford CT. Went there with the lady once. They distribute to a few places that i know of. Got this sixer in greenfield MA a couple months ago. Its an english style amber according to bottle id say close to an eSb as well. Pretty good nothing crazy.

City steam. Blonde in blonde is pretty good. Nothing from them really blows me away. Fun place tho

Dave37 said:
Its a small brewery/ restaurant in hartford CT. Went there with the lady once. They distribute to a few places that i know of. Got this sixer in greenfield MA a couple months ago. Its an english style amber according to bottle id say close to an eSb as well. Pretty good nothing crazy.

Yeh. They make OK beer.

Drinking OJ as I watch #26 on defense from the Redskins get picked on! Ninernation.

City steam. Blonde in blonde is pretty good. Nothing from them really blows me away. Fun place tho

I'm a fan of Naughty Nurse, though it will probably be a while before I buy more just due to all the new beer we keep getting in the store.

Not too shabby and definitely exceeded expectations based on what I've heard. Trying it on the recommendation from a friend and I'm finding it well balanced.

ForumRunner_20131125_215152.jpg

SN DevESTATEtion ale. Would of rather of had the estate, rather. Good black ipa,solid-not great,was a little underwhelmed comparably to some great black ipa's. I admit if it had been a bit bigger abv with more hop flavor and aroma I would have liked it more.

Hello's Toasted Coconut Sweet Milk Stout, aka the Stuck Stout. I know it didn't come out how you planned, but this is still a fantastic brew. The mouthfeel doesn't feel even close to 1.030. The toasty and coconut components are great but don't get in the way of the base beer coming through. Awesome beer, Hello. :)

ForumRunner_20131125_221017.jpg

Cherry coke right now. Beer later.
I didn't drink any beer last night while watching the game. It felt so unnatural to watch football without drinking beer. So I have to make up for it tonight. :D

I did drink two Brown Shuggas last night, but stopped while watching We're the Millers as I didn't want to miss it while "napping". 2 for a Sunday is a new low record despite watching football all day though haha. Ah, cherry coke, my downfall.

SN DevESTATEtion ale. Would of rather of had the estate, rather. Good black ipa,solid-not great,was a little underwhelmed comparably to some great black ipa's. I admit if it had been a bit bigger abv with more hop flavor and aroma I would have liked it more.

I had this as well tonight! Was good. Agree, expected a little more but I did enjoy it!

BrewinHooligan said:
That's no lie!! That's how Monday night should go every week

Unfortunately I only have one more of these. So maybe one more Monday like this... Anyone know what Brett strain they use in the Surette?

Blergh. Drinking a cream ale. Have to work way later than I want to due to circumstances beyond my control, but at least I can drink beer while I'm working. :D

Going to Nashvile first weekend in December. Called Dickel today and it looks like I should be able to detour down there to get my first barrel. Have a little over 25 gallons of Flandersish Red and Brown to put in there and I'll be picking up a 24 gallon fermenter at LHBS Weds so I'm ready to fill barrel when I get it. Only question is if I should get my local brewery to put stout in the barrel for a few weeks before I use it. Hello solera!

Back