First Brew Impressions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccs1676

Reaction score
Well I'll have to admit my first two attempts at homebrewing came out pretty good. I was impressed. Of course, I made sure I did everything the right way without cutting any corners, keeping particular attention to sanitation. I did a clone of Real Ale's Fireman's 4 Blonde Ale:

firemans.jpg

and a clone of Full Sail Pale Ale:

fullsail.jpg

Bottled all of them. Used a temp controller for fermentation in a fridge set at 63 +- 3 degrees. Fireman's is almost gone and now we are working our way through the Full Sail.

Both produced good heads, seemed to be a tad bit over carbonated, and both had a similar aftertaste that I can't quite describe. Not sure if that was from doing an extract or what, but I am going all grain from now on, and kegging, so that should change things up. Anyways, thanks to this forum, it's been a great resource!

Congrats! Sounds like you need to get another batch going tomorrow and another over the weekend!

True, I want to brew again in a couple weeks or so. I want to make a mash paddle first. I can't believe how much a plank of red oak is at home depot, what a rip. Is maple cheaper? I need to do some more research...

Latest posts

Back