Typical yield

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got roughly 60 oz dried from 13 plants. Here is my hop harvest log.

hopharvest2012-56544.jpg
[/IMG]

Depends what and where you grow. I got 1.5lbs of cascades from one plant and only .5lbs of nugget from another (although I probablly would have gotten more if I didn't dig it up and move it in the spring). My first year hallertau did not produce much, but it is 2 year younger and the only one in a pot.

I have eight mature plant in my yard and would have to agree with the others: it really depends on the variety and growing conditions.

Last year, each plant produced from 0.5lbs (sterling) to 3lbs (chinook) dried. The total for 8 plants was a respectable 15lbs. However - consider that I live in the Willamette valley - just about the perfect environment for hops.

Brian 2 can
I see in your table you have Cascade 1 and Cascade 2. I take it that means two separate plants of same variety. However you have Cascade listed a number of other times in the table. Are these 3rd and 4th plants or are you returning to the same two and harvesting more?

Latest posts

Back