3000ml flask

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zrule

Reaction score
Does anyone make these. I have been clicking around for some time and am unable to find one. I just lost 400 ml out of my 2 liter starter in a two liter flask. Seems that 3000ml would be perfect size for making starters for 10 gallon batches. Isn't 5000 a bit of overkill.....how does that work on a starter plate.

Does anyone make these. I have been clicking around for some time and am unable to find one. I just lost 400 ml out of my 2 liter starter in a two liter flask. Seems that 3000ml would be perfect size for making starters for 10 gallon batches. Isn't 5000 a bit of overkill.....how does that work on a starter plate.

I use a 4L flask to make starters for 5 gallon batches. I also boil my starter in a pot then pour it in the flask after it cools to avoid boil overs from boiling in the flask.

You could also use a growler

I was looking around and found this site. http://www.midlandsci.com/default.aspx?Page=Home
I never got a chance to order form them but they are basically dealer prices. I was seeing them for about $18 and I wanted to get a box of 4 and then try and sell 2 locally. Now the link I had to the product fails and I'm not finding anything similar. Browse around and see what you can find.

I just purchased a 3 liter flask from Williams Brewing. Cost was $30. Shipping is less than $7 because I live in the western US. I am pleased with it.

Back