New Beersmith question about "views"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I "upgraded" to Beersmith 2.0, and I'm slowly working around it but one thing I can not figure out for the life of me!

When I look at my list of recipes, I want a "preview pane" under the recipe to see what some of the ingredients are before opening the recipe. I also want to be able to copy/paste from that view, like in the older version. I get a recipe list, and click "views" but the preview pane isn't a choice. Can anybody tell this old non-computer person how to do this? :drunk:

For the preview...on the recipe pane to the right there is the search box and then next to that an icon that looks like a sheet of paper, click on that you have a couple of options of where you want your preview pane.

For the preview...on the recipe pane to the right there is the search box and then next to that an icon that looks like a sheet of paper, click on that you have a couple of options of where you want your preview pane.

Ah, thank you! I kept looking at the choices on the left (side-bar, etc) and never even saw that. Perfect!!!!!!!

And, I was able to copy and paste, so I thought I would! Here's what I'm making today:

19 lbs Pilsner (2 Row) Ger (2.0 SRM) Grain 5 82.8 %
1 lbs 8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM) Grain 6 6.5 %
1 lbs 8.0 oz Munich Malt - 10L (10.0 SRM) Grain 7 6.5 %
8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 10L (10.0 SRM) Grain 8 2.2 %

1.50 oz Magnum [13.40 %] - First Wort 90.0 min Hop 10 38.3 IBUs

1.00 oz Amarillo [4.50 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 11 4.0 IBUs
1.00 oz Cascade [8.00 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 12 7.1 IBUs
1.00 oz Centennial [9.60 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 13 8.5 IBUs
1.00 oz Amarillo [4.50 %] - Boil 0.0 min Hop 14 0.0 IBUs
1.00 oz Cascade (homegrown) [5.00 %] - Boil 0.0 min Hop 15 0.0 IBUs
1.00 oz Centennial (Homegrown) [8.50 %] - Boil 0.0 min Hop 16 0.0 IBUs

0.50 oz Amarillo [4.50 %] - Dry Hop 7.0 Days Hop 18 0.0 IBUs
0.50 oz Cascade (homegrown) [5.00 %] - Dry Hop 7.0 Days Hop 19 0.0 IBUs
0.50 oz Centennial (Homegrown) [8.50 %] - Dry Hop 7.0 Days Hop 20 0.0

Glad I could help, that recipe looks awesome. I need to try pilsner for a base malt. Im stuck in the american 2 row and pale malt rut.

Glad I could help, that recipe looks awesome. I need to try pilsner for a base malt. Im stuck in the american 2 row and pale malt rut.

I'm using up a sack I bought. I was going to make some Belgians, so I bought 55 pounds of Belgian pilsner malt. It turns out that I made one Belgian (still on tap) before remembering that no one I know really likes them! So, I'm using it in IPAs and it's been great. I'm down to about 3 pounds and doubt I'll buy another sack anytime soon, though!

Oh, no. Another question!

I took my preboil gravity, but I don't see a place to "put" it in the screen. In 1.4, you just clicked a button next to the efficiency box to get taken into the screen you need if you need to adjust the hopping. I can't find it!

Any help?

If you want to adjust hopping you can select tools, hop bitterness tab and make adjustments.

But I want to check on my efficiency FIRST. In the "old" Beersmith, you put in your actual preboil gravity and then could calculate the post-boil gravity from that. Then, you could change your IBUs. I do see a place in the "mash" and "fermentation" areas to put the "new" actual efficiency, but it's still showing 73.5 or something in the actual recipe area and not showing "new" IBU calculations.

What am I missing? :drunk:

That's ok, you should have seen me trying to install my perlick faucets after a "few" homebrew IPA's.

Thank god google finally took me to this post. I closed the preview pane because on the ingredients tab its useless and spent 45minutes trying to find out how to get it back up! Finally googled the magic keywords that took me to this post! Thanks!

PS> The only icon in the entire program with no label, pretty dumb.

Yooper,
Not sure if you got your answer on the BS forum or not. If you click on the Fermentation button (if you're running the most up to date version. Build 50 iirc) it will take you take where you can enter your pre-boil gravity and volume. On that page you can also enter your gravity after primary, sceondary and your FG. As well as your volume into your bottling bucket/keg which will then calculate your brewhouse efficiency.

Back