Group Buy: Accuflex Bev-Seal Ultra barrier line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the suggestion XPLSV, i'll check out the local USPS tomorrow. We're at 44 buyers at the moment and anything that reduce SWMBO's irritation at anything beer related is key! They'll be a lot of boxes around here until i get everything back out the door, my first order of business will be to convince her that only 1.6% of the line is for me.

I don't really know what 100ft of line looks like though or what size box it'll take to ship it. Anyone have some line they can use to estimate?

Thanks for the suggestion XPLSV, i'll check out the local USPS tomorrow. We're at 44 buyers at the moment and anything that reduce SWMBO's irritation at anything beer related is key! They'll be a lot of boxes around here until i get everything back out the door, my first order of business will be to convince her that only 1.6% of the line is for me.

I don't really know what 100ft of line looks like though or what size box it'll take to ship it. Anyone have some line they can use to estimate?

do you have any outdoor 12g power cords? I bet that is pretty close to the size comparison you are looking for. the 100ft 12g HD cord I have is coiled up on a reel (maybe 14'' diameter and 3.5-4 inches thick) - it barely fits. I bet a box that would hold those dimensions or slightly larger since the beer line coil is more ridgid. I would only grab a couple of each size box until you nail the best candidate.

Totally get where you are coming from about convincing her its not all yours. When I did the first grain buy, my wife was watching me like a hawk to see how many of the 42 sacks of grain were mine! haha

Well shucks, the line arrived today, all 6 boxes. The funny thing is that i haven't been billed yet since the reseller hasn't been able to get the drop shipping costs from Accuflex. The reseller says he'll know early next week but is estimating $20-$30/box, which is $0.02-$0.03/ft prorated. I can start shipping line tomorrow via USPS large-flat rate if you want to use the formula to pay now:

$0.1576/ft (line cost) + $0.03/ft (drop ship to me) + $14.95 (USPS flat rate to you, $10.95 for 100ft)

which comes out to:
$29.71 for 100ft
$43.09 for 150ft
$52.47 for 200ft
$61.85 for 250ft

You can also wait until next week to get the exact pricing, it may come down $1 per order. 100ft ships in USPS medium flat rate, it barely fits. 150ft+ requires the large flat rate box.

PM me for my personal e-mail to paypal-gift me, i'm just a little sensitive about privacy and hackers and whatnot. I'll need the following:

• Home Brew Handle/login (what i've been using to track your orders)
  • name
  • address
  • email

And when you send payment please do it as a gift. Otherwise i get screwed and have to pay a commission to paypal. Feel free to add to the SWMBO flower fund, i'm overdrawn on the brownie points and will need something to ease the... well, she'll find out tonight what i've been up to with ya'll : )

update on boxes: none of the local USPS locations have the large thin-flat rate boxes, only the large-short fat ones. I ordered 40 of them two weeks ago and they haven't arrived, should be here soon but folks waiting for 150ft and up may have to wait a few more days.

DSC00377.jpg

Speaking of which, am I down for 200 or 250? I pm's you a little while back about possibly making it 250, but never heard back :)

Sorry emjay- i thought i responded. You got the entire 250.

outside92129, 150
jfree, 150
iandh, 200
CidahMastah, 200
Shockerengr, 150
cfrazier77, 150
-
IrregularPulse, 100
rockytoptim, 100
jerdes, 100
ScottishPete, 100
seven, 100
JohnTheBrewist, 100
maager, 100
photinus, 100
valkyrie, 100
bruinator, 100
-
pickles, 100
HokieBrewer, 100
Demon, 100
jsguitar, 100
emjay, 250
JonBoy47, 100
Scuba0459, 150
atoyot, 100
-
jhas, 100
RDWHAHB, 100
yessri, 150
chemman14, 150
VFib, 100
haeffnkr, 200
GTO_Guy, 100
SankePankey, 100
----
MichaelJ, 150
BrewsCampbell, 150
garbs, 200
wcrooker, 200
rboucher, 100
BrewNinja1, 200
---
Schrodinger, 100
Boleslaus, 100
mb2696, 100
beaksnbeer, 200
spatronis, 100
sark, 100
phreaky, 200

Awesome! Thanks for doing this. Just curious but does that account for the entirety? If not I'd be willing to take some more. I tried my blonde ale for the first time tonight...came back 2 hrs later after dinner, and its already tasting like it was dry hopped with plastic!

*Looks* like there's an extra 100

Haha should have added. What do you think the length required to run 10-12 psi will be. 20 ft.? I want 3 taps that can handle between 4-10 psi, and one that can do up to 20 psi, for when I serve my weizen.

20 feet may be about right.

I'm planning on 2 soda taps, at least 1 cider tap, and maybe 5 beer taps, which is why I went with 250 - $10 more to be on the safe side is a no-brainer to me. The 2 soda taps alone will probably take close to 100 feet.

Plus, a great deal of the beers I make are highly carbonated - a lot of Belgians, sours, wheats, etc, and not so big on brewing the British beers (though I DO like them). So I'm thinking I'll probably need a fair bit of line.

When you open up the boxes, I believe you will find the line is marked for every foot of length on the roll--at least my 1/4" Ultra was. That will make it very easy to cut the exact lengths.

Bernie

I noticed my name dropped off the list you posted at 7:56 PM on 8/5/11; I was on there for the posting at 2:41 PM on 7/28/11 for 200 feet.

I just sent payment. Did include some $$$ for the flower fund. I also included extra for the fee cost as I did not send as gift. I've had some problems with PayPal in the past and usually the issues have not worked out in my favor. Didn't want to lose the Buyer Protection which I would with the gift option, didn't want to short change you, so I included the fee amount that will be deducted.

For anyone else that might be interested in just paying the roughly $2 PayPal fee, there is an easy to use PayPal fee calculator at http://ppcalc.com/. Use the Reverse PayPal Fee Calculator to enter the amount you actually wish to end up in the receiver's hands and it will tell you the total to send for payment.

sounds like there is still some interest. I would not mind taking care of the next order if you will supply me with the details of the purchase. I will need about 100 ft. If we need a 1000 to place the order I am sure there would be enough interest. Thanks. Andy

I got charged for the line and the following is the final formula:

$0.1576/ft (line cost) + $0.02/ft (drop ship to me) + $14.95 (USPS flat rate to you, $10.95 for 100ft) + $0.005/ft (misc packing supplies)

which comes out to:
$29.21 for 100ft
$42.34 for 150ft
$51.47 for 200ft
$60.06 for 250ft

I did have a snafu earlier which left me w/o any line so i bought another box so we can take a few more buyers. But please be patient, i'm going as fast as i can but winding up hundreds of feet of stiff line and stuffing it into a tiny box takes time. I'm hoping to have everyone's order out within a week.

Payment sent last night... USPS confirms package in transit ~12 hours later.

A++ Would buy from again.
:p

Seriously, this must be an immense project. Thanks for the effort.

I got charged for the line and the following is the final formula:

$0.1576/ft (line cost) + $0.02/ft (drop ship to me) + $14.95 (USPS flat rate to you, $10.95 for 100ft) + $0.005/ft (misc packing supplies)

which comes out to:
$29.21 for 100ft
$42.34 for 150ft
$51.47 for 200ft
$60.06 for 250ft

I did have a snafu earlier which left me w/o any line so i bought another box so we can take a few more buyers. But please be patient, i'm going as fast as i can but winding up hundreds of feet of stiff line and stuffing it into a tiny box takes time. I'm hoping to have everyone's order out within a week.

Let me know when you are ready to take some new orders. I am definitely in for 150 ft.

Got my shipping confirmation 12 hours after payment. Thanks for organizing this!

Has anyone found the resistance of this yet? My keezer is 38*, one foot rise to taps, 11psi serving pressure. I'm going to start with 20' per tap and go from there unless someone has resistance info.

got mine today... definitely tricky to get onto corny disconnects...

It is a lot harder material than the vinyl. I had some 1/4" and had that put on tailpieces that were listed as "will fit 1/4" plastic tubing or 3/16" vinyl tubing." That has kind of made me wonder what I'm getting if I order a 1/4" or 3/16" tailpiece, as I think some companies list them based upon what they will fit. I measured my 1/4" tailpiece and the nominal outside diameter was roughly .297. Ordered a couple 3/16" tailpieces that I'm hoping are smaller than the 1/4" I currently have. Boring out the tube was not a solution.

Hi All- everyone in the group buy has been messaged and over 1/2 the line has been shipped out. Assuming everyone pays up in the next day or so this will be wrapped up this weekend. If you haven't paid and haven't gotten a message from me... contact me asap. I have 1 more roll coming and have a little room left on it, here's the current list for roll #7. When #7 is done i'll be passing the torch to... anyone who wants the job : )

outside92129, 100
Gritsak, 100
Carter05, 150
razorbrew, 100
toecutter, 200
bumstigedy 50/100

It is a lot harder material than the vinyl. I had some 1/4" and had that put on tailpieces that were listed as "will fit 1/4" plastic tubing or 3/16" vinyl tubing." That has kind of made me wonder what I'm getting if I order a 1/4" or 3/16" tailpiece, as I think some companies list them based upon what they will fit. I measured my 1/4" tailpiece and the nominal outside diameter was roughly .297. Ordered a couple 3/16" tailpieces that I'm hoping are smaller than the 1/4" I currently have. Boring out the tube was not a solution.

they won't fit on even if you soak the hose in hot water?

Heat doesn't have the same affect on this stuff as it does on the vinyl hose. It is a harder plastic type hose. I did not have success with dipping the hose end in boiling water...I moved on to ordering some 3/16" tailpieces. There are a few places that advertise having 3/16" tailpieces and 1/4" tailpieces...however, the few I have found (Northern Brewer, Perlick) list the 3/16" tailpieces as chrome plated and I was wanting stainless steel. I felt like I was rolling the dice with the places that had stainless steel and the ones that did reply back seemed rather unsure of what they had. I rolled the dice with one and will post my findings when the two test pieces arrive. I think if I had gone with the chrome plated ones, there wouldn't have been a problem.

Heat doesn't have the same affect on this stuff as it does on the vinyl hose. It is a harder plastic type hose. I did not have success with dipping the hose end in boiling water...I moved on to ordering some 3/16" tailpieces. There are a few places that advertise having 3/16" tailpieces and 1/4" tailpieces...however, the few I have found (Northern Brewer, Perlick) list the 3/16" tailpieces as chrome plated and I was wanting stainless steel. I felt like I was rolling the dice with the places that had stainless steel and the ones that did reply back seemed rather unsure of what they had. I rolled the dice with one and will post my findings when the two test pieces arrive. I think if I had gone with the chrome plated ones, there wouldn't have been a problem.

please let us know. I can't recall what I ended up with for my keg system from KC. I know I had the MFL fittings but don't recall if they gave me 3/16, or 1/4 for my 3/16 beer line. I also have 1/4 beer line on my trunk line to my tower so I am pretty sure that those have to be 1/4 fittings.

As with you I would like to get all stainless, i run a lot of draft cider that is way more acidic than beer is.

CidahMastah said:

Boiling water doesn't soften it enough to go on a 1/4" nipple. I had luck using a flame and carefully heating it and spreading with nedle nose, although I haven't gotten it installed yet. 3/16th shouldn't be a problem

Boiling water doesn't soften it enough to go on a 1/4" nipple. I had luck using a flame and carefully heating it and spreading with nedle nose, although I haven't gotten it installed yet. 3/16th shouldn't be a problem

Just an FYI, this worked fine for me on my 1/4" nipples. At first it was a little difficult, but by the end you catch on and figure out how much flame is needed to spread it apart enough. Works great.

So we have decided that to get this stuff onto fittings (I have to MFL with barb attached) you have to flame it and spread it?? It wasn't expensive so I'm not worried, but I don't want to have any major headaches with this stuff.

Back