Willhi Single Stage Temp controller issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

te3b0r

Reaction score
Hey all-

Using this-
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/photo/single-stage-wiring-5118.html

I wired mine up which I think is the same....

However my freezer never kicks on. Sat by it for 30 mins and never heard the compressor kick on. It will kick in plugged directly plugged into the outlet with no problems so what am I doing wrong?? And yes it will go into a box once I get it up and running but that has to happen first!

IMG_20120915_184831.jpg

IMG_20120915_190028.jpg

IMG_20120915_190045.jpg

Controller is set to 34 and temp hit 45 and it never kicked on. Bad unit?

te3b0r said:
Cooling mode yes at least as far as I know it is set to HC but as far as differential not 100% sure controller is set to 34 to freezer is set to the second dot before 1 not sure what temp that is to be 100% honest.

"HC" is the heating or cooling menu. You enter that menu and then choose either H for heat, or C for cool. The "D" menu is where you set the temp differential. If you haven't accessed the menus at all except to change the set temp, then it should be set to cool mode with a small temp differential, so it should be working. Have you tested to see if the relay is closing?

"HC" is the heating or cooling menu. You enter that menu and then choose either H for heat, or C for cool. The "D" menu is where you set the temp differential. If you haven't accessed the menus at all except to change the set temp, then it should be set to cool mode with a small temp differential, so it should be working. Have you tested to see if the relay is closing?

Think you found the issue it was set to heat and not cool seems to be humming along now. I will let you know if it hits my temp.

And it works! Caught it clicking off when I went down to check on it so Protip make sure it is set to cool as mine as not by default.

Back