I hate thieves!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retarded_Penguin_Brewing

Reaction score
Just found out from the swmbo that our apartment was broken into, I'm pissed off cause I'm not in the country to be able to do anything. the bastards took the wii, the ps3, games, movies, and my wifes wedding ring. the kicker............we live on the second floor!? they didn't touch the $1200 worth of brewing equipment I just ordered and had shipped there :rockin: everything is just material items though, I'm most pissed about the ring because of the sentimental value of that.

Yeah that does suck.

Cruise the pawn shops in the area over the next few days and look for the ring, even if the owner claims to not know whom sold it too him, nor care, at least you might be able to buy your own ring back.

that's what I suggested she do. we got serial numbers for the game systems jacked so if those pop up, then hopefully the ring will be there too. between the systems and the police report, they should hand the ring over as well, but if not I'd be willing to pay the money for it back.

Getting things stolen sucks, sadly this thing happens time to time. Best thing to do in the mean time is to concentrate on other things and try to keep your mind off of it and do the pawn shop patrols, hopefully you'll get that ring back along with everything else.

Watch Craig's list too.

I had my garage broken in to about a month ago. They got a **** load of hand and power tools, lawn equipment, and two nice mountain bikes. Funny, I had my beer fridge in the the garage at the time. They didn't bother with the three kegs in there. You'd have thought they would have at least taken them for the stainless. Glad they didn't. Totally sucks though. Good luck.

thievs suck!!!
we got alot of tools stolen awhile back. about $2500.00 worth.:mad:
they should all be shot.

Watch Craig's list too.

I had my garage broken in to about a month ago. They got a **** load of hand and power tools, lawn equipment, and two nice mountain bikes. Funny, I had my beer fridge in the the garage at the time. They didn't bother with the three kegs in there. You'd have thought they would have at least taken them for the stainless. Glad they didn't. Totally sucks though. Good luck.

that's what I would've thought too. I mean I just got 2 15 gallon and a 20 gallon blichmann brewpots, nice big shiny stainless steel. I guess they weren't that professional or they would've walked off with that and a few other things. I guess if any brewing equipment ever turns up missing you might find them on here :p we're the only ones that realize the value of some of that stuff I guess.

thievs suck!!!
we got alot of tools stolen awhile back. about $2500.00 worth.:mad:
they should all be shot.

Some one I was friends with, a contractor, came home to find some guys he'd fired a couple weeks prior stealing his tools & new tv. Everybody jumped into cars and went on a high speed chase with his son in the car. Luckily his son survived the crash, but he didn't...as Gila said, best to let insurance handle it.
Had my cd collection stolen a couple years back...was like I lost a piece of me that day.

Ditto on Gila's post. I make sure to take pictures of anything over a couple hundred dollars along with a closeup detailed picture of the model number and serial number labels. I hope you get your wedding ring back. Tell your wife to stop taking it off while you're out of the country :D

I've had 2 cd collections stolen, once out of my locker in high school, several years later out of my car. now I got itunes and an ipod :D

Ditto on Gila's post. I make sure to take pictures of anything over a couple hundred dollars along with a closeup detailed picture of the model number and serial number labels. I hope you get your wedding ring back. Tell your wife to stop taking it off while you're out of the country :D

last time I was home(april) I started taking pictures of my stuff and serial numbers, I only got my guns at that point though. we still got packaging for the wii/ps3/and laptop so that's got serial numbers on it. the ring thing, the doctor has her on some meds that's made her a bit puffy so she had it off.

my house has been here for more than 40 years and my grandmother lived here for most of it, I inherited it and moved in 5 years ago. it's a rural location but with houses almost completely surrounding it, I have had everything from a #5,000 lawn tractor to battery chargers and a welder stolen in broad daylight and no one saw anything!
I have since installed a $1,000 day/night video camera system around the house with remote monitoring, but if I catch the ******** myself, it will not be good.
btw, the only thing ever recovered was a tool box and some tools when the idiot got caught for something else 2 days after robbing me!

that's what I would've thought too. I mean I just got 2 15 gallon and a 20 gallon blichmann brewpots, nice big shiny stainless steel. I guess they weren't that professional or they would've walked off with that and a few other things. I guess if any brewing equipment ever turns up missing you might find them on here :p we're the only ones that realize the value of some of that stuff I guess.

I don't think its about what is valuable/worth $$$, its all about what they can fence. They'll find buyers for jewelry and game systems-all they can do with the brewing stuff is sell it for scrap metal prices, unless they know of a brewer willing to shell out some cash for some hot brewing equipment.

Either way, it sucks. Did they take the guns?

guns stayed luckily(time to definately look into a safe), big flat screen tv and surround sound system stayed. all the regular dvds stayed, they only took the blu rays.

guns stayed luckily(time to definately look into a safe), big flat screen tv and surround sound system stayed. all the regular dvds stayed, they only took the blu rays.

Yup, definitely took only the things they could fence easily. Probably in a hurry so they didn't want to screw around with the larger electronics.

Definitely look into the gun safe. I bought one awhile ago and happy with the security it provides. You can go overboard with the completely fire-proof ones, but I opted to go with the middle of the road version that didn't have all the fire-proofing but had a sturdier door and lock. I'd suggest looking for one that has the locking bars instead of a flimsy latch.

I don't have kids yet so it's something that never really crossed my mind, when I'm home I got loaded guns stashed through out the apartment and lots of loaded clips, you know..........for the zombie attack when it comes :p but yeah, all that stuff is stashed and unloaded when I'm not there save for the xd my swmbo keeps next to the bed for protection. owell, shopping time when I get home from Iraq.

These theives were obviously not very bright...the Blichman would have served as an excellent basket to carry the small stuff, and also worth money in the end. Dumb Thieves. Sorry for your loss.

I am sorry to read you had your home broken into and things stolen. While material items may seem important, they can all be replaced. Extra security measures can be taken. Time will heal this and at least you still have beer!
I am however happy that your wife was not home when it happened as that could have been very, very bad.
This also may be a good time to think about a neighborhood watch program...

Sorry for your loss, man. Be thankful your wife wasn't there when they broke in. I hope the insurance process goes smooth and your life gets back to normal.

the nieghbors across the hall(their door being 5 feet from ours) seen it all and did nothing. the apartment manager said they've never been broken into and honestly it's not that bad of an area. it's just random and unfortunate and that's what helps is just reminding myself it was material items and it can all be replaced. I have myself and I have my wife!

Sorry for your loss, man. Be thankful your wife wasn't there when they broke in. I hope the insurance process goes smooth and your life gets back to normal.

I got about 5 weeks and I'll be done with this deployment(18 months) and I can finally get back to a "normal" life.:ban:

Latest posts

Back