stout stout stout, I love stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyobrew22

Reaction score
So I managed to wait almost 3 weeks before trying my dry Irish stout and it is coming along very nicely. I was very worried about the extreme bitter aftertaste it had at bottling but this has mellowed considerably and the beer is pretty good. I'm gonna stay it's still green but should be great when totally finished. By the way, is a brown tinged head normal? looks kinda like foamed chocolate milk.

Yes I do. It is just a category of beer I have limited experience with. I have had a lot of guinness extra stout and their anniversary stout but that is about it, this was my first attempt at making one and I think it came out well. Now I will have to see what some of it is like after the full 6 weeks it is supposed to sit....I hope some is left but it is the only thing I have ready at the moment

I brewed a NB Dry Irish Stout with a twist a couple months back, I took about 4 ounces of seedless raspberry preserves, heated it on the stove to melt it and added it to the secondary.

When I bottled the raspberry smell and taste was IN YOUR FACE!

When I tried a bottle after a week in the bottle, it was IN YOUR FACE (think cough syrup).

I lamented my failed experiment and began contemplating what to do with this nasty crap.

2 weeks later I tried one again just to see and holy crap, it wasn't IN YOUR FACE anymore it was just a subtle undertone of raspberry and a light aftertaste that said "yeah there's a hint of raspberry in here, enjoy" and all rejoiced.

I think I have about 5 bottles of this left, I definitely enjoyed it!

I think I like stout more than any other style of beer ... mmmmmmmmmmm stout. I think I will bottle my breakfast stout today!

I think I like stout more than any other style of beer ... mmmmmmmmmmm stout. I think I will bottle my breakfast stout today!

I have a breakfast stout working, and yes, stouts are my favorites too. I have to force myself to make nothing but stout, the "damn all your beers are stouts" has been uttered by those who enjoy my brews a few times.

I brewed up the "Tim's Irish Stout" recipe from this site. Great stuff. I have my second batch in the carboy right now.

I have a breakfast stout working, and yes, stouts are my favorites too. I have to force myself to make nothing but stout, the "damn all your beers are stouts" has been uttered by those who enjoy my brews a few times.

I brew with a good friend of mine and he always wants to make IPA, IIPA, Black IPA. This breweries IPA and that IPA. I had to put a stop to it after 4 out of 10 beers we have made have been some sort of IPA. I am slowly weening him off the hops and into some different stuff. :tank::rockin: I enjoy a good stout and recently have been into the malty side of beer. Oktoberfest is in our primary.

I also consider myself a bit of a hop head but try to spread my beers out have an irish stout and a scottish conditioning and making a sweet stout tuesday

Back