New 2008 Beer Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given the IBU's and hop variety, would this be enjoyable by the 2008 holiday season?

I am fairly unfamiliar with hopped up IPA's. Just curious and not criticizing (given today's issues ) :D

Given the IBU's and hop variety, would this be enjoyable by the 2008 holiday season?

I am fairly unfamiliar with hopped up IPA's. Just curious and not criticizing (given today's issues ) :D

Most definitely. Hoppy beers need to be drank super young. As they age, the hop presence will begin to fade.

Hoppy beers need to be drank super young. As they age, the hop presence will begin to fade.

Just to clarify, when P-Chef says "super young", he isn't meaning "two days after bottling". Normal brew procedures still apply. He's just saying that it's freshest when it's young, but still properly carbonated. PSA for lurking-N00bs over. Please resume your normal schedule.:)

I think I'm most intrigued by the Pacific Jade hops! I've seen descriptions but not touched or smelled or tasted them before.

Back