My beers are to filling, cant drink enough!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike3701

Reaction score
I have brewed a couple extract beers, and all are very good but very filling. I barely get through 5 and just cant drink anymore, which is a problem! I have done a ipa, pale ale, and hefe. Are all extract like that or is it something im doing? can i change something? Im thinking its the malt, so is all grain not as filling? They are so good i need to drink more!

condition your self first,drink a **** load of water and wait till you start going to the bathroom twice an hour ,then start hitting the beer ,lmao.or call me over too and ill see if i can drink more than 5 ,lol ,bull

I know its not me, nobody has answered my question, but i have gotten alot of abuse!. Is extract this way? is all grain better?

Mike3701 said:
I know its not me, nobody has answered my question, but i have gotten alot of abuse!. Is extract this way? is all grain better?

Maybe you are asking the wrong questions...maybe you should be asking yourself why you want to drink more than 5 beer. :p

Basically, homebrew has more body and character than commercial varieties. because its made with more than just sugar. Its made from Malt, which is not 100% fermentable. If it was, beer would have no flavor. All that beer flavor is residual carbs and proteins not broken down by the fermentation process. Any homebrew you make, regardless of type (extract or AG) will be more filling if you follow a recipe and don't just add a bunch of sugar.

By the way, what you got here was not abuse. People were just trying to have fun with you. Don't you want to play with us?:mug:

Mike3701 said:
I have brewed a couple extract beers, and all are very good but very filling. I barely get through 5 and just cant drink anymore, which is a problem! I have done a ipa, pale ale, and hefe. Are all extract like that or is it something im doing? can i change something? Im thinking its the malt, so is all grain not as filling? They are so good i need to drink more!

Pffffft, lightweight! :D

If you want to drink more than five beers in a sitting on a regular basis, perhaps you should look into session beer recipes before you die.

Lol well in Canada we like to have a few beers - but even I after about 8 or 9 I am pretty full - and that is pale ale. If I have my IPA usually 7-8 and Im done. Commercial beer I can drink a dozen easy - I think there is just ak,ittle moe fullness to homebrew - bnut to nly be able to drink 5 you just beed a lil practice and youll be ok :)

You could always brew a beer with a higher alcohol content. That way, you won't need much more than 5. :)

Your wanting to drink more than 5 is an interesting question. I know I love to drink beer, and once I get going, I don't like slowing down, let alone stopping. I also know SWMBO gets cranky if I do it on a regular basis (multiple times a week). If you are basing what you're used to drinking on BMC crap (which would understandable) then yes, you're going to have "trouble" drinking more beer. That's the kind of trouble I want, frankly. My suggestions are: 1) try lagering, 2) really think about WHY you want to drink more than 5, and 3) RDWHAHB!

And don't let these guys get to you. Think of them as several thousand assorted older brothers who will still help you out when you really need it, but still insist on doling out the occassional nuggie (sp?) or charlie horse.

Latest posts

Back