The Lousy Smarch Coffin Keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What was the final measurement of spacing between the freezer and your framing? I am starting to design my own spin-off of your build.

I measured it at 1-1/2" and it is just enough room, you might want to go 1-3/4" to be safe. Took me a while to figure out how to get them installed right. I think the best way is with the lid open screw in the lower end near the back, then just lift the upper end and screw it in where ever it meets your lid framing (with the piston fully extended).

Be sure to post a link if you post it on here.
Good luck!

Smarch

That is a sweet keezer! Where did you get your beer hardware in Winnipeg? I'm looking right now and there isn't a whole lot out there. Looking to start my own keezer soon.

I got the taps etc from www.ontariobeerkegs.com, I do wish now I had spent the extra and gone with forward sealing taps, look nicer and easier to fill bottles from using a growler filler attachment.

I got my CO2 tank as part of the kit from there but fire safety shops sell them for cheaper when you factor in shipping, and its where you need to get it filled anyways.

Finally Corney kegs can always be found instock at brewers direct, or if you are closer to Grape&Grain they sometimes have them instock, or can order them for you.

Post a link to your build when you get going!

Cheers,
Smarch

I like it. Is smarch your name or a Simpsons reference?

Lousy Smarch weather . . . :p

Thanks! Smarch has been my nickname for a looong time...it does contain part of my last name, as well as being a good Simpsons reference :)

Awesome job on this build!! Im in the early stages of buildimg my own. What does the side view look like?

Awesome job on this build!! Im in the early stages of buildimg my own. What does the side view look like?

Glad to hear it is still helping people! Not sure when I will have time to upload a picture, so will just describe it instead.

It looks exactly the same as the front but only 1 white panel, sized to fit the smaller width of the side. I did not install lights on the sides.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back