One Entrepreneur Wanted.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9 pages of endless entertainment. I don't post very much, but something I do know on my short time here is you don't mess with Yooper. Oh wait...I totally can't post on this forum because I don't live in Mass. We're ALL breaking the rules as set forth by the OP!

My favorite part is how he says over and over and OVER again that he "has the money", then comes out with this:

If I even bring money up on these forums people will run away, because it is just something no one has these days. As well as the scam accusations? its just not worth it.

Ideally, I would like someone to put up an equal amount to the loans I have taken out for obviously 50% of my business. "Our" business. Or at least take out a loan themselves for "our" business.

So he "has the money", but is also looking for an equally-financially-invested partner. :drunk:

My favorite part is how he says over and over and OVER again that he "has the money", then comes out with this:

So he "has the money", but is also looking for an equally-financially-invested partner. :drunk:

Hey, that reminds me- do NOT ask me to loan you 250K when I see you on Saturday! It's tied up in other "investments" at this time. :D

Hey Yooper, you have some money you could loan me? I have none to start a brewery, but I have a job, and have been brewing for a couple of years. I own a couple brewing books, and dream about owning a brewery... I did graduate from college, but don't feel as if I am an entitlement brat... Just PM me about wire transfer details, K?

Haha.

Broadbill - good point

Also, two heads are better than one. If I can double my production and the word of mouth circles, I see the company in a way better place than it is now.

If I even bring money up on these forums people will run away, because it is just something no one has these days. As well as the scam accusations? its just not worth it.

Ideally, I would like someone to put up an equal amount to the loans I have taken out for obviously 50% of my business. "Our" business. Or at least take out a loan themselves for "our" business. I know that is a stretch, so Im not expecting anyone to bite the bullet and just do it like I did.

But again, I must stress that the hard work is done. All that is left to do is brew and sell. Just from my numbers, it will take a while for me to fully profit with what I have now...it just makes more sense on a timeline to double everything, I had said before my first partner backed out and took the safe route.

BUSINESS PLAN!

borrow money. partner with a cool dude, instantly double production and kick ass "word of mouth circles". no one has money, i has it all.

JeepDiver said:
I want to invest with a guy that gets his business plan done, goes forward and gets his licenses, takes out loans then decides he is in over his head. Sounds like the perfect person to go into business with. Where do I sign up?

And someone who, when someone disagrees with him, says things like "Helloooooo!! McFly!!!" Jeez, you spend as much time with your business partners as you do with your spouse. I've never heard my business partners speak to ANYone like that, let alone partners/employees.

And another thing - imagine this guy gets his brewery going. Potentially important customers come in like, say, the local homebrew club, LHBS employees or beeradvocate types. What's going to happen when they offer frank assessments of the beer or constructive criticism? Will he take it with grace and work to develop those relationships or will he say "F*** you, local homebrew club! You don't know what you're talking about, i know everything, McFly! Get out!!" What if they him the beer flat-out sucks?

Well THAT made for some interesting Thursday morning reading.

I never realized ol' man Yooper was such a bully. Meanie. ;)

Seriously though - what on earth was that kid thinking? At 24, this couldn't have possibly been the first message board he ever posted to, could it? You just don't go picking a fight with a Moderator. Particularly the really reasonable ones like Yoop...

Or another possibility, what if the beer does flat out suck? :drunk:

are you kidding? With names like these, they have to be awesome!

Groove's Profile said:
Kegged
Amy Rachel: IPA - 5.9% .....because she was my favorite Colleen: Malbec Barrel Aged Blueberry (Brett Beer) .....because she's still sour Shauna Marie: Double Wheat IPA - 6.7% .....because her back was double wide Ashley Amber: Toasted IPA - 5.0% .....because she toasted... Not My Father's Pilsner - 5.0% ....because he only drinks this and leaves none for me

I joined HBT just to reply to this thread. This was hilarious to read.

As a lifelong Massachusetts resident, there is no way Groove could be from anywhere else in the world except Massachusetts. He's got the Masshole attitude down to a science.

I find all of my business partners on the internets forum! Lawl.

I don't know how this thread got by me for a whole month but +1 -- worth the read :D

This thread was a rip off of the Jerky Boys skit where he calls for a job as a mechanic and the other one as a car salesman. Technically, I think he said he was from Cali. He had to get out of there because of some problems he had. So just imagine he's not a real m*sshole.

I joined HBT just to reply to this thread. This was hilarious to read.

As a lifelong Massachusetts resident, there is no way Groove could be from anywhere else in the world except Massachusetts. He's got the Masshole attitude down to a science.

Maybe your him! :mug:

This thread was just wow. I'm sorry I missed it a couple of days ago, but glad it isn't locked yet.

As someone who teaches (college level) the OP was in no way surprising, yet all so sad. Knows it all already, and anyone who says otherwise sucks. Yet they don't understand why the world doesn't continue to give them everything they ask for when they ask for it. The ironic thing is that you never know who that investor might be, and the attitude chases them away. (Said from someone who was able to retire at a fairly early age and also knows people who could easily put up some investment $.)

Maybe your him! :mug:

This thread was just wow. I'm sorry I missed it a couple of days ago, but glad it isn't locked yet.

As someone who teaches (college level) the OP was in no way surprising, yet all so sad. Knows it all already, and anyone who says otherwise sucks. Yet they don't understand why the world doesn't continue to give them everything they ask for when they ask for it. The ironic thing is that you never know who that investor might be, and the attitude chases them away. (Said from someone who was able to retire at a fairly early age and also knows people who could easily put up some investment $.)

You teach "college level" and you don't know the difference between your and you're? Maybe you're him! :D

Even better, I sometimes teach a Business Communications course and have also been a consultant for an online exam for Business Communications!

No wonder students can't communicate! :)

Even better is that I sometimes teach a Business Communications class!

No wonder why so many of today's students have problems communicating. :)

Edit: Sigh. iPhone HBT App strikes again. The first post "failed" with a communication error, and I had to restart the app and retype the post. Nothing like a double post to illustrate a point. :)

What a read!

As an under-employed twenty-something Massachusetts resident, I would like to say... Nah, never mind. Judge me if you will, you silly generalist. :cross:

Back