Status Update From Randy on the Barley Crusher

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I contacted Randy at BC Products to get an update on the Barley Crusher. There’s been some speculation lately as to the status of his business. This is not an advertisement. This is not an endorsement. Just wanted to hear first hand from the guy who is building a product that so many homebrewers talk about, and pass it along.

FWIW -

Thank you for your email, We are very much still producing and making and selling the Barley Crushers. We are busier than ever. We are in the process of moving into a bigger shop at this time. At this time we haven't been making the Micro Brew Series Malt Mills which are the mill we make for Home Brew Shops and Micro Brewers for commercial use. We are hoping to start back on making them sometime early next year. But as for the Barley Crushers for the Home Brewers…we are still making them and shipping them out as fast as we can. We do have a slight back order at this time but we have been doing everything we can to keep up with the demands and to get them shipped out as soon as we possibly can especially with the holiday coming up.

Thank you for your email and if there is anything else I can do for you please email me
Thank you again
Randy
B C Products Enterprises Inc.

Did he just respond to the contact us form via his website? I've sent him 3 emails so far asking for updated from a November 25th order and haven't even received a confirmation of payment email in return!

Did he just respond to the contact us form via his website? I've sent him 3 emails so far asking for updated from a November 25th order and haven't even received a confirmation of payment email in return!

I've only sent two emails, about a non-operational BC. I've never received a response.

I had an issue when I first got the mill, and they emailed me back with an address and fixed the problem (even though I paid shipping). This time, not even an answer to my emails.

Randy responded to me last night. I wanted to stay somewhat miffed at the lack of response, but the poor bastard is working day and night right now to get orders out.

From him:
"I am sorry for the delays on replying to you too. We have been so busy that I haven't been sitting down answering emails lately. I know I need to but the more I'm typing the less I feel I'm getting done. I've been trying to get everyone's orders out because I know a lot of them are Christmas presents. All I want for Christmas is a couple days off. But I don't think I'll get what I want this year. But I can't *****. I'm working and staying busy."

He's been following up with me since then, and has completely and satisfactorily resolved my issue. I imagine that after the Christmas rush is over, he will be able to give more attention to current owner's problems.

I'm not defending him, just saying that I do understand how he feels. The fact that I know he is alive and well, not absconding with order money, and is working his butt off as best he can to get orders out there makes me feel better. I've got lots of patience in store for a small business with a good product when I know those things above.

Back