July 8th, 2011

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomRep

Reaction score
So on July 8th, my buddy and I are doing THIS again. Only difference is this year we are doing four 10 gallon batches and have no limitation on our time. Plan to start around 6am or so. I'm trying to plan ahead with recipes so I can be sure to have everything, but I'm not 100% sure on everything I want to brew. Any suggestions?? Also, I plan on having this one web cated as well.
cheers!
Tom

I think the hard part will be controlling your amount of consumption. It will be hard to put that many hours in if you drink to many home brews. best of luck.

Good luck. I did two 10 gallon batches in one day and was all cleaned up by 3pm, but one of them was an overnight mash -- that cuts an hour and a half off my day right there. Four batches? Egads. I'll try to remember to tune in!

Like I said, we've done it before just not four ten gallon batches. We did two tens and two sixes that time around. I know it can be done so thats not the issue, just need some recipe ideas. I have 7 in mind right now, just not sure which, if any, I am going to choose. Ones in mind are: DFH 60 minute clone (Yooper's), Cascade/MO SMaSH, Alaskan Amber, Stone Levitation clone, Duvel clone, rye Pale ale, and an ESB. The SMaSH and ESB are both my own recipe and have been brewed before with great success. The rye pale ale is my own recipe, but has never been done. I'm kinda leaning away from the Duvel just cause of the mash schedule, though it would be nice to do that one around lunch so we could grab something to eat. I'm looking for atleast one good IPA recipe, if not two. Been awhile since I had a good IPA on tap.
Tom

Recipes are all set for this. Doing Yoopers 60 minute, Stone Levitation clone, my take on La Rulles Estivale, and my ESB.
Tom

Latest posts

Back