The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm thinking that leaving for your house this Saturday night wouldn't be a particularly brilliant idea. Pretty stupid idea on almost any weekend; this weekend in particular, moronic. Let's just say I've got better things to do than sleep on your couch.

Probably just as well. You practically can't see the house from the street, by Saturday night it would be impossible.

I'm VERY fortunate. The guys from the DPW have decided to save me a ton of money and have pushed all of the snow when they cleared the intersection onto my front yard. From every storm. Nobody on the other three corners got any of it. I'm not going to have to mow the grass till the middle of freakin' July ! Schweeeeet!

I saved a ton of money by buying cod at the grocery store for ~$4/lb.

What's your cost for cod - including boat, licenses, fuel, tackle, bait, processing, etc.? $4,136.45?

Anybody know if straight up rock salt will harm roof shingles? I am developing terrible ice dams, to the point where the melt is flowing down over the front door and freezing it shut. The snow buildup got ahead of me and now I need to get rid of that ice. I've shoveled off the snow but was too late. Will I screw up my roof shingles by throwing rock salt on them?

I don't think you want to use rock salt. My next door neighbor just threw up a couple of socks of calcium chloride up on the roof a couple of years ago. I didn't see any issues later on.What you really want to do is place the socks/pantyhose on the edge of the dam vertically. Cause a channel for the water to drain. I'm no expert but Mazz explained it also yesterday on the radio :) Good luck Paulie.

I don't think you want to use rock salt. My next door neighbor just threw up a couple of socks of calcium chloride up on the roof a couple of years ago. I didn't see any issues later on.What you really want to do is place the socks/pantyhose on the edge of the dam vertically. Cause a channel for the water to drain. I'm no expert but Mazz explained it also yesterday on the radio :) Good luck Paulie.

This. And hammer some of it off creating a channel for the water to drain

Just toss a couple electric blankets up there. Use lots of indoor only extension cords.

Or hell, fire up the pizza oven. It'll melt the whole neighborhood.

Here, Paul, I'll send this to you if you want.

20150214_104101.jpg

Morning Massholes I was born and raised in MA just moved to Florida have to say glad I left before all that white gold. Be safe all....newbie to this forum and to wine making.

We got around 22 inches but the drifts were brutal. I had over 8 feet on my deck. Took my two hours just to clear off the deck. Myself and the guy next door worked as a team and cleared out 8 houses. Thank goodness it was dry, cold snow and relatively easy to move. I was so freaking cold and tired when I finished I went from the shower to bed for a nice long nap. Guess kegging the stout and the Double D has to wait till tomorrow.

Back