ATL Area Group Keg Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerrific

Reaction score
I know we have been discussing this on the group page, but I thought we could get something official going here.

Who is interested in buying some cornies?

I am willing to make the initial payment and Ed is willing to receive the shipment at his store in Marietta. I am looking at ordering from Pedalbiker, he is selling a pallet of 20 cornies for $350 shipped. That is $17.50 each. They will probably need new o-rings and to be cleaned (his thread describes the condition).

I have a feeling we might be going for 2 pallets. We will need to arrange how to pay for and pick them up. I don't think I can fit them all in my car, so meeting up there on a Saturday morning might be the best option, and prevent Ed from having to keep track of them all. For people that cannot make it, I will take the rest of the kegs with me and we can arrange to meet, I live in Avondale and work in Midtown.

Let me know if you are in and how many you want. I would like to get all this done in the next week or two.

:mug:

Helloooo?

So I am in for 5, p4ck37p1mp 2, DeadDoc said 3 (I think). That is 10.

I'm in for 2. I can pay cash on pickup (Sat morning is a good idea) or paypal if needed.

I know we have been discussing this on the group page, but I thought we could get something official going here.

I am willing to make the initial payment and Ed is willing to receive the shipment at his store in Marietta. I am looking at ordering from Pedalbiker, he is selling a pallet of 20 cornies for $350 shipped. That is $17.50 each. They will probably need new o-rings and to be cleaned (his thread describes the condition).

I have a feeling we might be going for 2 pallets. We will need to arrange how to pay for and pick them up. I don't think I can fit them all in my car, so meeting up there on a Saturday morning might be the best option, and prevent Ed from having to keep track of them all. For people that cannot make it, I will take the rest of the kegs with me and we can arrange to meet, I live in Avondale and work in Midtown.

Let me know if you are in and how many you want. I would like to get all this done in the next week or two.

I'll take two, can meet you to pick them up or whatever.

By the way, are these pin or ball lock?

Update:
Beerrific 5
p4ck37p1mp 2
DeadDoc said 3 (I think)
MikeG 2
kevincad 2
Chimney 3
TerryWendel 2

So that is 19

I will be driving through Atlanta the week after Christmas on my way home. I'd be interested in 3 or 4 if you've got them. I'd have to make arrangements to meet in the area Dec.29th late morning/noon-ish. I can't travel too far away from I-75 but thought I'd give it a shot.

Not sure if you'll have the kegs by then anyway. let me know.:)

I will be driving through Atlanta the week after Christmas on my way home. I'd be interested in 3 or 4 if you've got them. I'd have to make arrangements to meet in the area Dec.29th late morning/noon-ish. I can't travel too far away from I-75 but thought I'd give it a shot.

Not sure if you'll have the kegs by then anyway. let me know.:)

I will not be in town, but if someone else is available....

I'm new around here but starting to get back into brewing after a 10 vaction... At this price put me down for 2. I'm over in E. Cobb so let me know if you need any help and how you want to take care of payment. On a side note, where's the best place to get replacement parts for these? I've got 3 that have been in the crawl space since my last batch back in the mid 90's. Think it's time to do a little overhaul on them before my next batch.

I'm new around here but starting to get back into brewing after a 10 vaction... At this price put me down for 2. I'm over in E. Cobb so let me know if you need any help and how you want to take care of payment. On a side note, where's the best place to get replacement parts for these? I've got 3 that have been in the crawl space since my last batch back in the mid 90's. Think it's time to do a little overhaul on them before my next batch.

This is a good place:
NORTHERN BREWER: Soda Keg Repair Parts

Jeanine and Roger at Homebrew Supply in Lilburn has some parts, and can probably get the rest. They mostly have the attaching fittings though.

What kinda parts you need?

I said 2 or 3 but I'll go ahead and make it a firm 3. I can help with picking some up from wherever they land and hold them at my house in Lawrenceville for others to pick up if needed.

I updated the thread above, but I will post that update there too:

Update:
Beerrific 5
p4ck37p1mp 2
DeadDoc said 3 (I think)
MikeG 2
kevincad 2
Chimney 3
TerryWendel 2

So that is 19.

I think there may be a few more people out there that want some keg, so we can start working on a second pallet, but depending on the interest we may not go through with it.

My old ones are Coke containers, I'm replacing all seals. I was over at Brew Depot yesterday, they said they have everything I need. I'm going to run over there today with the containers to see if they have the right ones. I'm also thinking about picking a couple of extra tops (going to drill a hole in it to install an airlock), planning on using them as a secondary fermentation container.

Spoke with a buddy yesterday, he's interested in a couple as well. Go ahead an put me down for 4.

My old ones are Coke containers, I'm replacing all seals. I was over at Brew Depot yesterday, they said they have everything I need. I'm going to run over there today with the containers to see if they have the right ones. I'm also thinking about picking a couple of extra tops (going to drill a hole in it to install an airlock), planning on using them as a secondary fermentation container.

Hey if you live in East Snob (I do too) and are going to B.D. grab me a bag of grain while you are at it... Been itching to do a SMaSH... LOL

J/K

I may have some dip tube and post seals if B.D. doesn't have any... I have all pin locks as well... I may have a spare lid if you want one to drill out... It has a pin leak in it, so you could just drill it out over the pinhole...

Got tied up on the honey do list today, didn't make it over to the depot.

Sounds like we got a few of us east snobs on here. I'm off Woodlawn; it's about 1/2 mile off the intersection of Johnson Ferry / Lower Roswell Rd, Dickerson Middle School is basically the entrance to my neighborhood. Hell, I grew about a mile from you; old neighborhood (Wendwood) is off Holly Springs just before Davis.

Haha... Awesome...

If you still need some corney parts, lemme know... I have post and dip tube o-rings, but no lid o-rings...

I may, all were holding pressure but I'm planning on replacing the o rings. I'll let you know here in a week or so. thanks...

Update:
Beerrific 5
p4ck37p1mp 2
DeadDoc 4
MikeG 2
kevincad 2
Chimney 3
TerryWendel 2
TroutBum 4
lazyace 5

If you have said x or y, I have put you down for the larger amount.

This puts us at 29. Ed said he would buy the rest to make a full pallet, so I think I will be getting 2 pallets.

I think I am getting close to making the order, so if you need to make any changes let me know.

I have all the o rings anyone could want, I ordered the bags from McMaster-Carr. Let me know if anyone needs some, as I have enough to last a freakin lifetime. :D

I have all the o rings anyone could want, I ordered the bags from McMaster-Carr. Let me know if anyone needs some, as I have enough to last a freakin lifetime. :D

Do these need a full rebuild or just O-ring replacements? The two I already have were rebuilt for me. How much for the O-rings? I might try to schedule picking up the kegs at the same time, otherwise Beer Necessities are < 5 miles from the house.

They will need new o-rings for sure. Some of the kegs might need other work (poppets, etc.), but they are in overall good shape.

The lid o rings are probably fine, its the o rings on the posts that get the most wear and tear and need replacement more frequently. I can't remember what I paid for them, and I have far more of the post rings than lid rings. How about $2 for 4 each of the post rings and dip tube rings and one lid ring (total of 9 rings)? That should be enough to last quite awhile. No idea if thats a fair price or not so someone correct me if so. Looks like AHBS gives you 2 each of post and dip tube and 1 lid ring for $4 so I guess thats a fair price. :D

Austin Homebrew Supply

I ordered the kegs yesterday. I will let everyone know when they are expected to arrive.

Right on. I think I put myself for 2 but if there are extras (to make a whole pallet order) then I might pick up a 3rd. They are being shipped to the new brew warehouse in Marietta?

The kegs are en route.

They will be delivered on Wednesday or Thursday. I will head up to Brewmaster's Warehouse on Wednesday evening. Ed is already being accommodating enough to allow us to deliver to his store, I am not going to ask him to have to worry about divvying these up. So, that evening I will take all the kegs that haven't been picked up with me.

I am willing to hang around Wednesday evening to meet people. I can be flexible on the times, are there times people (especially you Cobb folks) can/cannot meet? I know I had originally suggested a Saturday morning pick-up, so if you cannot make it Wednesday, I would like to meet Saturday. We can decide on the location depending on who is left to pick-up. (Maybe 5 Seasons Prado for a pint too.)

To further complicate things, I am going out of town on the 21st (Sunday) coming back after the new year.

So with all this in mind, I am proposing these options:
1. Meet on the evening of the 17th (times flexible), pay cash on delivery.
2. Make arrangements with another member to have them pick-up for you on the 17th, send cash with them, or pay me via paypal.
3. Let me take your kegs with me on the 17th, meet me on the 20th or after the new year.

I would like to hear back from people letting me know what they think, what is best for them. Here was the final list/count:
Beerrific 5
p4ck37p1mp 2
DeadDoc 4
MikeG 2
kevincad 2
Chimney 3
TerryWendel 2
TroutBum 4
lazyace 5

I decided that picking up on the 17th would actually work better. I changed the post above to reflect that.

Back