Painting Brew Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAMPLER

Reaction score
Just finished up welding my new frame and still have some grinding to do before painting. I was curious what steps everyone takes to paint their stands. How clean the steel before painting, such as cutting oil residue. What type of paint to use?

Thanks for the input

i cleaned with simple green, and used vht flame proof paint. the paint does come of around the burner though.

I took mine to a bike shop and had it powder coated. They also put high temp powder coating around the burners. Looks awesome!

IMG_0043.jpg

brandolomite said:
I took mine to a bike shop and had it powder coated. They also put high temp powder coating around the burners. Looks awesome!
That turned out great nice job

Hope to see updates on yours sampler

Mine is at paint rite now had them sandblast and gonna have them zinc dip it. Zinc was overkill but want this thing for a lifetime I can post pics hope to get it back this week I think all total they were estimating 200$ which the hassle of me cleaning it, priming it, and painting it, just made since to me to have it powder coated and ill never have to worry

Nothing special but here it is.... so far anyway. :drunk:

Still have the control panel to finish up, install the pump and the plate chiller plus the first test run before the big day.

Back