• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Weldless sightglass+thermo probe port for cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nebben

Reaction score
I ordered one from Northern Brewer and another from Bargainfittings. The bargainfittings parts won out because I decided I wanted 1/2" NPT fittings.

This is new and unused.

This kit assembly from Northern Brewer that includes 1/4" NPT pieces that are threaded together with silicone o-rings on the inside and outside of the cooler. It has brass fittings with compression nuts (and o-rings for each) for the thermometer probe and the sight glass on the T. A long-ish polycarbonate tube is included as well, which is approximately the same height as a 10G cooler from bottom to top.. This kit looks like it would fit probe type thermometers such as the Miljoco 5" dial face type. Northern Brewer's website indicates it is a little too small for the Brewmometer, so be advised.

The whole thing looks like it would fit a 10G round cooler's wall perfectly.

A stainless eye bolt is included with two nuts, but it looks like it might not have enough thread to bite into the cooler wall.

Asking $20.00 plus whatever USPS comes out to be.

any pics of the assembly? By stem thermometer do you mean like a truetemp digital thing you get at target etc, like about 1/8"?

This, except it doesn't come with the eye-bolt.

image_738.jpg

I haven't plugged my 1/8" stem thermometer into it, but I suspect it would fit. If you're interested, I can test it when I get home today.

Cool, I am interested, let me know if it does, I have been wanting a thermo port in my mash tun, it's hard to hold the thermo and stir. Then again it would be hard to read it while stirring, too.

I'm thinking it would get clogged up with grain in my MLT. This would be great for someone using a cooler for an electric HLT

Back