Hey Cheeseheads, If You've Nothing Else To Do Memorial Weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont exclude us Yoopers. We are mostly cheeseheads here anyway.

Why does'nt the UP belong to Wisconsin? That is the only part of the US we are geographically connected to.

Do you know that all the counties in the UP bordering WI (me) are on central time and all others are on Eastern. It took me half my life to figure out what the Hell time it is 20 miles away from me.

Sorry, a bit of a rant. The fest looks cool. Its on my calender.

Hey, Ischiavo...

Somewhere back in the deep, dark recesses of my "eddication" I recall that, prior to becoming a state, the territory of Wisconsin [spelled quite differently, I think] included the UP as well as the northern counties of Illinois AND the "arrowhead" of Minnesota! If all of that would have become a state, it would have been bigger than Texas <ahem> and Chicago would have been in Wisconsin! Exactly why those three pieces of land were removed...I have no idea!

glenn514:mug:

Why does'nt the UP belong to Wisconsin? That is the only part of the US we are geographically connected to.

Do you know that all the counties in the UP bordering WI (me) are on central time and all others are on Eastern. It took me half my life to figure out what the Hell time it is 20 miles away from me.

Bernie and lschiavo, if you're not going to Kohler, we're having a fish fry at the cottage on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. You're always welcome if you don't have anything better to do.

Bernie and lschiavo, if you're not going to Kohler, we're having a fish fry at the cottage on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. You're always welcome if you don't have anything better to do.

Because whenever I invite Yooper to something around here, she doesn't show up. So her honorary cheesehead moniker is in jeopardy ;) :). And if hers is in jeopardy, then all Yoopers mus be included in that. So blame her. :D

Because whenever I invite Yooper to something around here, she doesn't show up. So her honorary cheesehead moniker is in jeopardy ;) :). And if hers is in jeopardy, then all Yoopers mus be included in that. So blame her. :D

BS! I've come all the way to Milwaukee a couple of times. I couldn't come to the last brew day because my free place to stay isn't there any more!

Oh, and Bernie- how many times exactly have you come north to attend one of my invites? Yeah. That's what I thought. ;)

BS! I've come all the way to Milwaukee a couple of times. I couldn't come to the last brew day because my free place to stay isn't there any more!

Oh, and Bernie- how many times exactly have you come north to attend one of my invites? Yeah. That's what I thought. ;)

Ha! I KNEW you were gonna say that!!! But you only come to Milwaukee when ollllo or Dude comes to town, not when one of us lowly locals sends you and invite! So there. Nyah. :D

EDIT: Your free place to stay? What happened to Sause? Why am I the last one to hear about these things????

Oh, and you know I have lots of room.......you coulda stayed here.

Back