AG equipment for sale - What do the experts think?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsncrabs

Reaction score
I have been thinking of moving to AG and found this ad on Craigslist and am asking for opinions on pricing, selection, etc. I have only brewed extract so I am not sure if this setup will be complete or not. I do have a propane burner and all the odds and ends that I have needed for extract. I am planning on seeing the items this week. Any input as to what to look for in completness, quality, pricing, upgrades needed, etc is appreciated. Thanks everyone. HOMEBREWING EQUIPMENT for all-grain and/or extract brewing

It's kind of hard to tell from the picture and description what is going on with those elements and the control box. Potentially worth the money, but pretty borderline in my opinion.

I mean just looking at it from a DIY cost, you can probably do better. The other thing there is how much you trust some random stranger on craigslist to wire a potentially dangerous piece of equipment like that correctly.

Thanks, I figured it might be priced a little high depending if it was a real Keggle or not. Hadnt thought about the wiring. Good to know.

Here's the inevitable "Is that a legal keg?" question and does it matter to you?

And the end about an electric "control" box? What's up with that? Seems kind of strange that he's kinda throwing it in the package as an afterthought.

Here's the inevitable "Is that a legal keg?" question and does it matter to you?

And the end about an electric "control" box? What's up with that? Seems kind of strange that he's kinda throwing it in the package as an afterthought.

Thanks. I definitely have questions about all the "electric" stuff. Dont think I would need it.

Back