What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there butt face!

Oolong, EmergenC, and water here. Beer thirty is gonna be early today. Finishing up yesterday's beer chores and getting brew day going.

Hey Nizz, any word on Bell playing today? I can't find nothing on the interwebs. I'm think Michael Bush against the skins terrible run defense anyway.

Inactive list a couple minutes away from final release on Lions local show, Ill let you know.

Whaaaaattttuuuppppp NIZZLE!!!

Dunkin mocha pumpkin coffee not bad but prefer my press an black. Welcome back nizzle did you get the shakes or itches during the three day detox from hbt

DisturbdChemist said:
I did not have time to post last night bit this is what I had Sweet baby jesus Tired hands handfarm Saint arnold Pumpkinator Jester King Artial Rubicide Founders Breakfast Stout Along with some of my ESB and Pilsner to close the night. Welcome back Nizzle
Wow! Quite the line up.

Coffee coffee.

Turbo cider is supposedly just a quick cider. There's a recipe here that they call 5-day cider. 3 days in fermentation and then bottle. The assumed point is I'll have a fairly low ABV cider in a week.

As for the sheets off the bed, I lived. :) But because of the amount of yeast and the fact that it was indeed too young, I'm not giving it to anyone. May as well buy them a box of Dulcolax. :D

I've been reading about the pectin enzyme this morning. I wasn't looking for totally clear but the color was way different than I expected. I did pretty much chalk it up to the amount of yeast I used. I was going to pasteurize on the stove top then stick them in the fridge. I'm not worried about this batch, I think I just wanted to see what would happen if I added the entire package of yeast. Some people in the cider forums talk about adding the whole package but either they're waiting a very long time for the yeast to finish or they're full of junk.
Interesting about the chlorine. For all brews I've been using spring water from the store as top off water. The first three beers I even used spring water for the boil then realized I was wasting my time/money since I was boiling that anyway. Anytime I am using water that isn't boiled, I am using store bought spring water.
Oh, you're doing the interrupted fermentation thing. That doesn't taste good until it's been pasteurized and had a day or more to settle out. To much yeast activity. Pasteurizing kills them off, and then they will fall out of suspension.

I was thinking you were doing the ridiculously high ABV with distillers yeast cider thing. That takes a few days after it hits FG for the yeast to finish cleanup. Since it's so high of an ABV it can easily take 5 days after FG for that to be done, at normal temps. On the low side, 7-10 wouldn't surprise me. Until it's done, the yeast won't drop out of suspension unless you actually kill them.

Thistle tea.
And people say I have problems...

Nuzzle! You're alive! Have a beer!

Switching gears from the tea to the coff. Measuring out grains for a big stout.

Just hooked up a citra pale where my Belgian IPA was, 1 gallon 12oz for the record. The wife paid me my 5 bucks and all is well.

Nuzzle! You're alive! Have a beer!

Switching gears from the tea to the coff. Measuring out grains for a big stout.

Just hooked up a citra pale where my Belgian IPA was, 1 gallon 12oz for the record. The wife paid me my 5 bucks and all is well.

Ok done 2011 breakfast stout fooooooking smooth as silk!

ForumRunner_20131020_115322.jpg

TNGabe said:
That is not a good plan if you're looking to stay free and healthy. I've got some cheese envy. If we ever get around to trading, I hope you'll make a bottle shipper out of cheese for me.:D BdC and port. Chugging along on bottling.
I have an extra bottle of CD7 it's 18% cantillon lambic. I also can grab whatever cheese you'd like.

Drank a sample of my hoppy Tripel, which I just bottled. 1.082 OG and finished at 1.006. Thanks for the critters, Channel66.

Starting off the football day with wild cider and Fireball! Just put some Sweetwater, New Holland growlers and Green Flash in the fridge :ban:

ForumRunner_20131020_130457.jpg

Drank a sample of my hoppy Tripel, which I just bottled. 1.082 OG and finished at 1.006. Thanks for the critters, Channel66.

You got it! Glad it finished out nice and low for you, give them plenty of time to carb up

Proud of those critters finishing an extract brew that big, that low.

You guys do realize you're my test brewers right? Thanks for the numbers rem.

You got it! Glad it finished out nice and low for you, give them plenty of time to carb up

Proud of those critters finishing an extract brew that big, that low.

You guys do realize you're my test brewers right? Thanks for the numbers rem.

The gravity sample I took when I secondaried the beer (September 23rd) was 1.016. Original brew date was August 30th.

Channel66 said:
How'd it taste? How hoppy did you go?

The aroma was incredible. Belgian all the way. That is what I noticed first when I popped the airlock off of the secondary. It tasted good - again, Belgian all the way. Definitely a hop presence (more taste than aroma). I forgot exactly how many oz of hops I used. I have it written down somewhere. 3-4 oz.

Boiling version 2 of my imperial porter while I watch eagles vs Dallas.

ForumRunner_20131020_133400.jpg

Also, throwing back a few pints of my oatmeal pale ale.

10% naked oats and 90% 2 row. hopped with Cascade, galaxy, and Nelson Sauvin.

ForumRunner_20131020_133647.jpg

Turned out great!

mcbaumannerb said:
Welcome Back Bro'Kotter! :D Now, you got a lot of drinking to catch up on!

More importantly, he's gotta work on closing the gap that Wes created in NUZZLE'S absence!

Lazy Sunday on the porch.

Homebrew pumpkin ale.

image-1596997782.jpg

Channel66 said:
You got it! Glad it finished out nice and low for you, give them plenty of time to carb up Proud of those critters finishing an extract brew that big, that low. You guys do realize you're my test brewers right? Thanks for the numbers rem.
Um I want some!

Back