Life, the Universe and Everything

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadfire

Reaction score
I brewed an Irish Red on 10/10/10 an am having trouble coming up with a good image for the label.
I was thinking that since 101010=42 something Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy related would be good.
Anyone bored and feel like throwing some idea's together to help me out?

I brewed an Irish Red on 10/10/10 an am having trouble coming up with a good image for the label.
I was thinking that since 101010=42 something Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy related would be good.
Anyone bored and feel like throwing some idea's together to help me out?

My advice would be to come up with a name first if you're struggling with the image.

How about the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster? The Guide says that it's the best drink in existence. The effect of which is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick. That's not exactly what I'm looking for from my beer, but it's definitely the effect when I drink too much of it.

I think a nice "42" on the label would be funny, Hitchiker fans would "get it" - and if you want to put something on the back label, start with "Don't Panic" :)

I've been tossing around the idea of naming the girly brew I'm planning "Alice" with the words "Drink Me" somewhere on the label :)

I was leaning towards calling it "42", though I do like the sound of "The Answer".
I'll have to do some googling tonight ans try and slap a rough draft together.......

Why dont you just call it "Life, the Universe, and Everything"?

I really like the way that rings...

i made a label at work but cant upload it. ill do it at home. it's simple and stupid but i got bored so i figured i'd make one.

I had the same thought a while back for my 42nd brew. I ended up just going with simplicity for my label. Those who have read the guide got the reference, anyone who asked got the above explanation. Here's the label.

422.jpg

Okay, this thread is officially pegging the nerd meter. I LIKE IT

Hell, you could do an entire beer series based on the HHGTTG... I think a brew to honor Slartibartfast would be pretty fun

One of my favorite books. Thread got me thinking and I threw this together for a BSA. Needs a little more work.

goldbar.jpg

Back