Cheapest AG Vendor...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have purchased 4 kits from BW and also had to phone and ask a few questions and they (he) were fantastic.
My next step is to utilize the builder so that I can start playing with recipes.
2 thumbs, way up!!!

Thank you everyoe for your support, and I am very glad to hear that you have been happy with everything.

For everyone looking for ice packs. There is a link to the ice packs on every liquid yeast that we sell. You can see the link in the pic below in the You may also like section.

screenshot.jpg

Hey guys,
B3 looks like they have some good pricing but I've seen some people writing about not being a good idea to shop with them. Any reason why? I can get 25 lbs of 2 row @ ~$1.12/lb & 25 lbs of white wheat @ ~$1.41/lb, total $63.45 with free shipping. Same thing at Brewmasters Warehouse is cheaper @ $61.28 but the $6.99 shipping makes it more expensive.

Hey guys,
B3 looks like they have some good pricing but I've seen some people writing about not being a good idea to shop with them. Any reason why? I can get 25 lbs of 2 row @ ~$1.12/lb & 25 lbs of white wheat @ ~$1.41/lb, total $63.45 with free shipping. Same thing at Brewmasters Warehouse is cheaper @ $61.28 but the $6.99 shipping makes it more expensive.

Search for morebber and user The Pol and you'll see why it gets some bad press. Maybe he'll be along and explain again. Generally, people seem to like them, but they certainly don't have Ed's turnaround time and awesome customer service. At least it seems that way.

Thanks for the response. After my.... (how do I put this nicely) less than perfect experience with KegKits.com, I like to do a little more research and get as much information about on line vendors as possible! (I saw the sticky about KegKits a little too late.)

Thanks for the response. After my.... (how do I put this nicely) less than perfect experience with KegKits.com, I like to do a little more research and get as much information about on line vendors as possible! (I saw the sticky about KegKits a little too late.)

You will be safe with B3. The only issue is with backordered/out of stock items sometimes. The Pol has had some ugly experiences with them, but I really don't think it is the norm. The difference between B3 and KegKits is, with B3 you will still get your stuff.... Maybe a little later than you wanted, but will still get it. With KegKits, that goober should be shut down hard and possibly even prosecuted for fraud.
I personally have never had a problem with B3. However, I only use them when I need something that Austin Homebrew or Brewmaster's Warehouse doesn't carry though.

Nothing wrong with doing a lot of research. I would just say that if you choose to use a vendor that is active on this forums (Myself, Austin Homebrew, Niko, etc..) then you not only help support the forums, but you also have a public way to both praise or call out any service issues that you have.

With vendors that are not active on this forum if you have a problem and try to get resolution that you feel is unfair then you can call them out but still may have to deal with an unfair resolution.

If something like that happened to a vendor that is active here, then you can PM or post about it, and you will know that the owner will hear your problem and can address it. You are pretty much guaranteed to have a satisfactory experience.

Ed

Another BMW plug. And yes I am the OP. So I placed an order with BMW consisting of 5 brew-builder kits and a scattering of rando ingredients. Got my order 2 days after I placed it (GA to IA). Beautifully packed. Unfortunately, I was missing one of my WL yeast vials. Emailed BMW. 1 day later I had a fedex express package with my yeast. Now that is customer service!

Back