NICE wooden brew stands!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pol

Reaction score
Any pics? I have seen one or two here... I am thinking about making a NICE dark cherry stained wooden stand for my version of the Brutus 10. Topped off with highly polished kegs. Just looking for pics to get some good ideas!

Thanks!

Here's mine:
9863-IMGP3148.JPG

Look up "scuba's herms build" for...umm....my build...;)

You mentioned elsewhere that you might put it in the basement? Will you be going electric?

I do agree that it's a showpiece but the drawbacks to wood are obviously the bulk, weight and potential fire harzard given the burners. The benefit is the relative ease of building without welding skills.

I do agree that it's a showpiece but the drawbacks to wood are obviously the bulk, weight and potential fire harzard given the burners. The benefit is the relative ease of building without welding skills.

I feel the exact same way, I want to build something close and I can't weld. But with all these awesome looking wood setups like scuba's it seems almost neater in a way. I plan on putting steel plate on top of all my surfaces and screwing them down with flat head allens to help with burning issues!

Yeah, even better would be to put a tiny air gap between the metal heat shields and the wood by using washers as spacers. If you have any scrap yards nearby, keep an eye out for stainless sheet. The one by me always has stainless countertops and banged up stainless prep stations out of restaurant gutting.

I just bought a wooden brew stand last weekend. It's down in my storage unit at the moment and I'll be getting it out to brew on Sunday. I'll take some pictures of it for your viewing pleasure. It's not as pretty as Scuba's... but then again I don't think I've seen a nicer one either. Nice job Scuba! :mug:

Do you think you could post your designs for your setup scuba? I am very interested in making one.

Here's the start of mine... just a standard 6'x2' thing on wheels... since I BiaB, I only need room for one vessel, which I made the spot for it a little lower so my SWMBO can see into the kettle too... the rest of it is a desk/work bench area.

If/when I decide to "upgrade" to more vessels, I'll just extend the bench another 2'.

I'm not wild about the stain ("golden pecan", but it was $5 for the gallon and I need to use it somewhere. The brewery is a good a place as any... and it kinda goes with the blue walls. I think a second or third coat will be in order. And I might actually put a coat or two or urethane on it... lol

Damn.. the walls need repainting too. So much work to be done.

IMG_20130522_175926_193.jpg

Just built the two stands. Simple and CHEAP gravity system. Gonna use black grill paint on them.

image-1418052702.jpg

Got wood . . .
. . . so I used it!

Gravity fed electric system. Shelf made from an old bread board on wall for HLT. Boil pot goes on (wood :)) floor for lauter then up onto induction burner. HLT, MLT and Boil are all 15 gallon stainless.

;)

Back