Wyeast 3522 Ardennes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldschool

Reaction score
I just picked up a smack pack of this that I'm going to use for a tripel. Does anyone have any pointers? Or that it is a good one or not?

Excellent yeast. It's all I use for my belgians anymore. I ferment at 64 for 3 days and then slowly let it rise into the upper 70's.

Thanks, I have rethought it a little and went ahead and got some Brett Lambicus on the way. I think I will pitch in a pack of that a few days in to fermentation. I may go with the Orval clone from BYO. Maybe just make up my own grist.

Why would you use a Brett yeast for a tripel? Also, if you're using brett, you'll still want another yeast to go with it.

It wouldn't be a tripel. I had said I would probably go with something like the orval clone from BYO. I said I would throw in some brett a few days in to fermentation.

It definitely had more spiciness than I expected. I was given bad advice from my LHBS, they told me it was a good yeast for my Belgian Wit. They were wrong.

I stopped taking advice from my LHBS a long time ago. Half the time, it's someone working there that has brewed 2 or 3 batches of beer and they think they know it all.

Back