GRABASS test run 1/24

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey fella's would anybody be interested in a big brewday in Pittsboro. I haven't been able to make it to any of the brews lately, but I would be happy to throw something out here, I have plenty of land and could do most any time that would work for folks. If there's already something in the works thats great as well.

Also, have you guys ever thought about a bulk grain buy. I was looking at prices lately and it seems like a steal if you can get enough folks to throw down on it.

Hope to finally meet you folks soon, getting tired of brewing by myself all the time!

I'd be there assuming nothing comes up.

Also, Walker did a group buy from Austin Homebrew right before Christmas. Definitely the way to go if you're looking to save a few dollars.

Walker did a group buy from Austin Homebrew right before Christmas. Definitely the way to go if you're looking to save a few dollars.

Right. We bought 100lbs of 2-row from AHS.

When GRABASS was a smaller group, we did a bulk hops buy (I think we used freshhops) and ended up with way more hops that we had any right to own. I ended up throwing quite a bit away because I couldn't use them fast enough.

I am thinking about setting up an email group for everyone so that we can easily ping each other when ordering ANYTHING from ANYWHERE because there are a lot of places that have flat-rate shipping and we can spread that cost out over multiple people.

For example, I am going to soon need some things from bargainfittings.com, which offers $5 flat rate shipping. Dallas indicated that he needs a few items from there, and I know Boston will also be needing a few things.

While I am thinking about it.....

I got a $50 gift certificate for AHS from my parents for Christmas. I'd really like to use the $50 towards some of the stuff I am purchasing for my transition to electric and HERMS, but the prices for the equipment are lower other places.

Would anyone be interested in giving me $50 cash for the gift certificate?

Back