austin home brew rochefort 10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thor the Mighty

Reaction score
has anyone done this recipe? before i throw 90 bucks at this huge zoo worthy b1tch i was wondering if it was even worth me time? thanks

It's the 332 most sold kit - no reviews on the site. I don't even know what it is LOL.

Rochefort 10 is on of the most classic examples of a Belgian Dark Strong Ale, from one of the Trappist breweries in Belgium. I dunno about the kit, but I do know that, above all else, you need Wyeast 1762 or WLP540---those are the Rochefort strains. I have a clone in my recipe pulldown that I crafted from research on the web. I think it's pretty close, myself.

you mean the ahb kit is pretty close to the recipe that you made? thats great. thanks

edit: and where can i get the wlp540? i love white labs to death but ive been looking and cant find a site with the 540

you mean the ahb kit is pretty close to the recipe that you made? thats great. thanks

edit: and where can i get the wlp540? i love white labs to death but ive been looking and cant find a site with the 540

No, like I said, I don't know anything about the AHS kit, just that my version was pretty close to the original.

540's a seasonal platinum strain. AHS has it in stock right now.

Back