I finished my kegerator - should I pour some sanitizer/h20 first?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfingpl

Reaction score
I finished a Sanyo fridge conversion yesterday. I won't have any homebrew ready in a keg for about 3 weeks. I am thinking about getting a keg of some Ballast Point beer for now since they sell cornies of their brew.

Question: Should I put some water and Iodophor or something through the lines/taps before any beer goes through? All the parts are new, but think it might be a good idea...what do you think?

This way I could also test the system out without risking any precious beer:D

Thanks,

Jim

Get some BLC (Beer Line Cleaner). You'll use it now and many times between kegs and whenever you clean the taps & line. Highly recommended for kegerators.

BLC31002799.jpg

surfingpl said:
I finished a Sanyo fridge conversion yesterday. I won't have any homebrew ready in a keg for about 3 weeks. I am thinking about getting a keg of some Ballast Point beer for now since they sell cornies of their brew.

What an organized man. I work just the opposite. I had 3 kegs waiting for me to finish the keezer project. They were happy kegs tho' as they were waiting in a cold room in the basement, occasionally being called to service. As spring approached I had to crank on the keezer. All is good now. Enjoy the kegerator. :mug: Charlie

Back