1st time kegger, long time drinker (oh and 1st time poster as well)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
believeinsteve said:
I undrestand just basically treating it like a massive bottle (priming sugar and such)
Correct, but use only half the priming sugar vs. bottling.
Can i just put all the beer in the corny and get one of those canister charger things and let it sit in the fridge till then?
The sugar, with enough time, will do the initial carbonation for you. Then yes, one of those canister chargers can be used to keep the pressure up for dispensing.

I guess some sort of tap would be needed as well. Will I be able to monitor or adjust psi with one of these, or just fill it up and hope for the best.
Hope for the best. basically, monitor the flow, add CO2 when it starts running slow.

Also havent pressure tested, but couldnt i just pump it full of co2 and wait a couple of hours to see if it holds pressure?
Yes

I know i need a new gasket for the opening as well, but about with those two little heads on the side, would they need new stuff too. I dont even know how i could clean those guys anyhoo.
They come apart easily with a 7/8" 12-point deep socket wrench. There is an o-ring inside each post, and one (visible) on the outside. Your LHBS can help you with replacements. Lube all the rubber with keg lube, too.

I just want to see if I can have a batch kegged and ready for the fourth.
It's possible.
Thanks in advance. unless you just read this and roll your eyes. In that case, you suck.

You'll find (if you ever post here again) that most people don't suck...they'll give you good answers in spite of your flippancy.

wow, sorry. I was honestly just kidding around. After reading the whole "your no longer a noob" post mentioning several eye rolls. never mind.

ok, i have to use pictures instead of words. my bad. no sarcasm intended. i have never posted on a forum. I dont see the flippancy, but i dont want to argue or put any more energy into that. apologies. I just wanted to know if is possible to get a batch ready in a corny by the fourth.

Back