Skipping work to brew today!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c.n.budz

Reaction score
I went and bought ingredients for a couple batches on saturday and only had time to slap together a batch of Edwort's apfelwein on saturday and was busy all day yesterday.

So, I figured what the hell, I'm taking a "personal day" today and am going to brew Cheese's caramel cream ale and a harpoon IPA clone. I'm also going to be bottling two 1 gallon experimental batches of apfelwein/cider, cleaning my 2 newly acquired cornies, then kegging 5 gallons of apfelwein and 5 gallons of my Hammer Hopped APA.

It's about 11am now, hopefully I'll be done by 11pm:drunk:

Have fun!

I haven't been able to brew these past two weekends, and I have ingredients lined up for three batched (Belgian, smoked porter, and Amarillo-Honey Pale Ale). Thinking about taking a personal day on Wednesday to at least get one batch going.

There's nothing like a "personal" day used to brew. The neighborhood is quiet, the house is empty (SWMBO works) and you feel like you've stepped off of life's escalator for just a while.

SWEET ! Oh...I hate you too....:cross:

Well, 2pm and I've got the caramel cream ale boiling away, all the grains crushed for the IPA later and I'm about to bottle the first mini batch of apfelwein. Then it should be time for a sandwich and a pint:mug:

My order shipped from Austin HBS this morning, so I might be "sick" sometime this week. I'm going to add the spigot and thermometer to my kettle and then brew in celebration of my new additions!

After a brief trip to the grocery store(needed more ice AND Cap'n Crunch was on sale:rockin: ) I'm back to brewing. Just started the Harpoon IPA clone, and am almost ready to bottle my second mini batch of apfelwein. So far so good...

Just finished my second batch of the day, and bottled the second mini batch of apfelwein. I cleaned my cornies but screw filling them tonight, it's time to relax, have few beers and an icecream cone:mug:

cnbudz said:
Just finished my second batch of the day, and bottled the second mini batch of apfelwein. I cleaned my cornies but screw filling them tonight, it's time to relax, have few beers and an icecream cone:mug:
Congratulations on a successful day.

Oh...I still hate you...;)

Back