Help A Fellow Brewer Out!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrookeiv

Crafted Magazine
Reaction score
EDIT: Sorry to keep bugging everyone, but the 2nd place person is gaining on me! The contest is over on Tuesday, and $500 of beer money is within reach. Please help me out if you haven't already!

Hey guys,

I am trying to win the $500 gift certificate on Pintley.com, and would love some help! I'm currently in 4th, and have slowly been working my way to the top. I get 100 points every time someone signs up, and it's totally free to sign up!

If you don't know about Pintley, it's very similar to Pandora except for beer. You rate beer, and it suggests beer you might like. It's a very cool service, and I could really use the gift card to help keep my blog going strong.

Signup link here: http://www.pintley.com/user/jbrookeiv/signup/

My referral code is: jbrookeiv

well you're cheating, soo....hell yeah I'll help you win! that and the idea sounds pretty awesome, big fan of pandora.

That's a pretty nice site. I signed up from your link. We'll see how well their algorithm works on recommendations.

That's a pretty nice site. I signed up from your link. We'll see how well their algorithm works on recommendations.

It's been working fairly well for me so far, it's funny because most of the stuff they recommend I've already tried.

Thanks to everyone who has signed up through the link! Keep 'em coming.

all kindsa beers I've never seen or heard of being recommended to me....if only it could tell me where I can find em also, or let me order online and ship to me.

all kindsa beers I've never seen or heard of being recommended to me....if only it could tell me where I can find em also, or let me order online and ship to me.

That's actually a great idea, they should team up with a large beer retailer like Total Wine or Bevmo and charge a commission.

I suppose I could just take a list with me to the flying saucer...I just haven't been there in so many years...maybe I'll keep rating my beers and get the highest recommendation and brew a clone of it.

On another note, I 'unfollowed' you, simply because we have nowhere near similar beer styles, this won't affect your race will it?

I suppose I could just take a list with me to the flying saucer...I just haven't been there in so many years...maybe I'll keep rating my beers and get the highest recommendation and brew a clone of it.

On another note, I 'unfollowed' you, simply because we have nowhere near similar beer styles, this won't affect your race will it?

Nope, shouldn't matter. I have a very unique taste in beer, I'm a fan of extreme styles typically.

Jaimez said:
Signed up!

Thanks guys! Only 1,200 points from second. The problem is going to be keeping the other top 5 from gaining points rapidly. The contest ends May 31st (at least for this month), so I'm just going to keep at it every day.

jbrookeiv said:
Hey guys,

I am trying to win the $500 gift certificate on Pintley.com, and would love some help! I'm currently in 4th, and have slowly been working my way to the top. I get 100 points every time someone signs up, and it's totally free to sign up!

If you don't know about Pintley, it's very similar to Pandora except for beer. You rate beer, and it suggests beer you might like. It's a very cool service, and I could really use the gift card to help keep my blog going strong.

Signup link here: http://www.pintley.com/user/jbrookeiv/signup/

Hey man I just won the April grand prize so good luck to you. I didn't win with points though. I won the random selection.

Hey man I just won the April grand prize so good luck to you. I didn't win with points though. I won the random selection.

Nice dude! Yea, I saw the winner from last month had link 50,000 points, not sure how he did that.

Well, I am now in first place! I just gotta keep this up for another 2 weeks. Thanks to everyone who has signed up, and please keep 'em coming!

bump.jpg

Back