My Home Bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChilliBrew

Reaction score
Hey what do you think about my home bar set-up?...Built it last summer and I have been improving on it ever since. The armrest is a beer cap inlay that I did with a dovetail router bit. Came out pretty nice. No repeats throughout the whole 9 foot long bar! pretty soon I hope to have about 2 draft towers spewing homebrew running out the top of that sucker.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52191240@N00/tags/bar/

It's always great to have a bar, especially if you like to host parties. My wife and I are in the middle of a huge construction project at our place. Our entire home is currently jacked up about five feet above the existing foundation. The foundation is now being built up 3 additional feet so that we can have the headroom required to finish the basement. We used to have only six feet of clearance. Once it's done, the entire basement will become 3 unique areas, the bar, pool table room and dedicated home theater. I can't wait.

I will tell you building this home bar was one of the best things ive ever done. Since then we have added a nice steel tip/electronic score dartboard and I bought a golden tee arcade golf game. ususally after parties you have enough empties to return for your next batch. its been quite fun. Nothing like making any drink you want without even leaving the confines of your bar room. I have a little back bar too that I use to hold all of the mixers and sodas. We pretty much never have to go out. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

that is very cool. I know I have been thinking about getting a bar put in my basement. Was thinking about doing a Mid evil type of Bar/basement pub. With a Dart Board and a 8/9ball Pool table. Also with a set of Dragon, and Viking style Tankards to keep the theme consistant

The best part of kegging is that after the party there is no picking up, cleaning, storing, sanitizing, and filling bottles. Nice bar and car of PBR too. MMM..PBR the second best megabrew out there after shlitz.

Back