Barley Crusher

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoPhunk

Reaction score
I'm sure there have been tons of discussions on what to use or what is the best but could someone put a link to these? I am tired of getting roughly 65-68% eff.

Thanks,

Reza

Are you looking at the Barley Crusher in particular? Or asking about grain mills in general?
Barley Crusher is one specific model and one of the main, I'd say 3, used around here.
Available with a 7 or 15 pound hopper.

barleycrushers.jpg

That is kind of what I am looking for Just the 7 pound model would work for me. Where can I get one at the best price?

I ordered mine right from the source. AHS does guarantee the best price though i think and they have free shipping over $100 which this is.

Be forewarned that there was a HUGE backorder of these recently over Christmas and people didn't get their Barley Crushers for a long time. They might be caught up now, but maybe not. I believe AHS drop ships these straight from the factory.

Be forewarned that there was a HUGE backorder of these recently over Christmas and people didn't get their Barley Crushers for a long time. They might be caught up now, but maybe not. I believe AHS drop ships these straight from the factory.

Straight from the AHS Barley Crusher page:
"This product will be in stock on Friday 11 February, 2011."

They are indeed drop shipped directly.

FYI - if anyone is also getting crappy efficiency, consider finding out if your supplier can crush twice, or I know that many people love the crush form certain online suppliers. I think Austin supply is the one I'm thinking of. Crushing twice can improve the crush if the supplier's mill is set a bit coarse.

I ordered my Barley Crusher on the 18th, got a confirmation email 8-9 days later and told I would receive another email with tracking info, nothing so far.

Hmm...I was just playing around on Austin Homebrew Supply website and I can't find the barley crusher anymore. Did AHS stop selling them?

Anyone order one of these from AHS recently? They state 20 days for delivery from the time they place order. I ordered a week ago, now just trying to see how much longer I have to wait or whether I need to break down and head to my LHBS for my next recipe. Thanks.

Um, don't mean to launch the whole "which mill is best" debate. I already ordered the Barley Crusher, I just want to know if anyone else here has recently ordered one (and I'm sure there must be a few) and how long did it take to arrive. The Barley Crusher website has a disclaimer about a "recent and unexpected influx of orders" and a delay of up to two weeks.

Back