Math Help Received - Tool Created...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
The youth director at the church is a math wiz and so I asked her about this. She did her magic and made me a spreadsheet. So, I now have a really cool Excel spreadsheet that figures this out. It is set up so you enter the desired volume in US ounces, the cylinder's radius in either cm or mm (metric is easier to use, even tenths and all) and it will tell you the depth you need to obtain your volume.

:ban: :ban: :ban:

This means that I can use a metric ruler as a gauge for brewing volumns. Say I have a known amount of liquid in my HLT and want 12 quarts into my mash tun. By using a metric ruler I can know what has been transferred.

AND here it is:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...0488.16908418059245592810.4420227613560471815

Blender said:
I am having trouble accessing the spreadsheet. Any tips I need to use. Thanks

I am not sure. I just click the link and I get there. Maybe you have to have an account with Google (which is free). I don't know other then that.

Check this box on the upper right.
3712-untitled2.bmp

Chairman Cheyco said:
Or you can download it here.

There is a problem with this spread sheet, but it is easily fixed. The math on the column for "height cm" which is #4 needs adjusting. If you click on the the box at ROW 4, COLUMN 4 the formula will appear:
=(RC[-2])/((RC[-1])*(RC[-1])*3.14159),

this needs to be mulyiplied by 2, so that the formula will be:
=(RC[-2])/((RC[-1])*(RC[-1])*3.14159)*2.

You will need to do the same to all the boxes down column 4, but no where else.

Back