Why twist-lock and flange vs strain relief?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bolts

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It occurred to me today as I was looking at power cords. Why not use a strain relief to attach the power feed directly to the control panel? They cost ~$3 vs ~40 for a twist lock male + female.

http://www.amazon.com/SKINTOP-Liquid-non-metallic-PG-Threads/dp/B005NB017I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339550912&sr=8-1&keywords=skintop

41OeQvESShL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I went receptacle for ease of transport/removal of panel. In my first control panel it was attached, and having to lug that big thick cord around attached to the panel was a pain for me; unwieldy, would knock things over, more difficult to store the panel away, etc. That is why I do not have mine permanently attached any longer (and I got my twist locks for $18 for the male/female).

That's what I did but I'm using a very small Auberins enclosure. I just put two 12" pigtails on the back with two twist lock connectors, one for the power cord and one for the heater. I didn't even opt for the fancy strain reliefs, I just used the EMT ones that have two screws for the clamp.

Back