Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mjoll the Lioness is pretty badass, but I can't stand her accent and the stupid stories about her life and Grimsever.

I currently use Aranea Ienith who almost never uses a weapon despite having plenty of them on hand. I like that.
It allows me to use my sword and mace more in combat while she burns them up with fire and lightning, and summons about 20 different creatures. I've heard that Illia from Darklight Tower is a little better though.

I've been meaning to gove Lydia some of the scrolls I've collected just to see if she'll use them. she's been doing pretty good about making good use of the potions I give her.

I finally found an amulet to improve sneak and gave it to her. Now she doesn't clunk around so much and break my cover.

I still find I have to make her wait behind a bit while I go in and stealth kill a group with a bow.

I get an odd, evil, sense of satisfaction out of holding back in teh open and picking off guards in towers and standing their posts. If Lydia is too close she mucks that all up by charging in.

You have to tell her to stay put when she's far enough away. If she's too close and sees you taking damage, she basically disobeys you and comes to your aid. If you want her back though, you have to obviously tell her to start following again.

You have to tell her to stay put when she's far enough away. If she's too close and sees you taking damage, she basically disobeys you and comes to your aid. If you want her back though, you have to obviously tell her to start following again.

Yep. Another one of the few advantages to having teh Kinect commands active. You can holler at your follower from a distance.

Skyrim with Kinect would be freakin awesome. I can only imagine. I still play it on a gaming PC w/mouse.

Do the followers do the thing where they kneel when they are at low health? Other than the quest followers, I have never really used them.

Do the followers do the thing where they kneel when they are at low health? Other than the quest followers, I have never really used them.

Yes. But they are pretty much useless in a fight while kneeling and dragons have a tendency to attack whatever is closest. so, I make sure to keep a stock of Stamina and Health potions in her inventory so she can get back into the fight.

I also keep the Sanguine Rose on hand too.

Yeah I am trying to get the house ready for the baby and get some shelves built for storage. I just have no motivation for much of anything once I get home from work.

I think I am going to work my through teh companions quests this weekend. IIUC, I am best to leave Lydia behind so that I can use the quest companions as a follower, get training, and take my money back from them.

Is this correct?

Farkas becomes your companion so you lose everything Lydia has. I would put all the additional supplies in Breezehome, fire Lydia, then start the Companion missions.

On a side note, I'm playing this new character on the hardest possible level. Dragons are a ***** to kill. What's your guys' choice of killing these beasts? Arrows with all the perks seem to do the most damage, but I can only use those when the dragon lands. Melee weapons do a good job too, but then the dragon breathes on me or bites off my head. Magic seems to barely dent the surface and I'm using potions like crazy to replenish magicka.

Farkar becomes your companion so you lose everything Lydia has. I would put all the additional supplies in Breezehome, fire Lydia, then start the Companion missions.

On a side note, I'm playing this new character on the hardest possible level. Dragons are a ***** to kill. What's your guys' choice of killing these beasts? Arrows with all the perks seem to do the most damage, but I can only use those when the dragon lands. Melee weapons do a good job too, but then the dragon breathes on me or bites off my head. Magic seems to barely dent the surface and I'm using potions like crazy to replenish magicka.

Dragons were somewhat tough for me too because my character is mostly an Archer. And then I found the Wabbajack and Ice Spike combo.

Speaking of Dragons, the 1.6 patch changes the game for me.

Bringing a dragon to the ground has been updated to a epic level of carnage and brings with it a new set of risks. I was not prepared for this new consequence but it was AWESOME!

played a little too much skyrim yesterday (Not really....)

New character, Wood Elf Thief/Archer/Alchemist, is up to level 12. Trying to play it so there won't be any dragons other than the intro. Halfway through the thieves guild quests so far.

Such a different playstyle for me, but i'm really enjoying it.

Trying to play it so there won't be any dragons other than the intro.

How do you do this intentionally? Just don't start the main quest for a while? I feel like I did this on accident with my newest character, I have only grabbed 2 souls and I'm close to level 15.

played a little too much skyrim yesterday (Not really....)

New character, Wood Elf Thief/Archer/Alchemist, is up to level 12. Trying to play it so there won't be any dragons other than the intro. Halfway through the thieves guild quests so far.

Such a different playstyle for me, but i'm really enjoying it.

How do you do this intentionally? Just don't start the main quest for a while? I feel like I did this on accident with my newest character, I have only grabbed 2 souls and I'm close to level 15.

Not trying to spoil it, but with the new patch it's no longer just a matter of getting a dragon to the ground. Now you have to worry about the landing. TOTAL CARNAGE for me the first time.

I wanted to add, for all the non-magic characters out there, there is a cave near Falkreath called Hallidor's Cairn. The boss in this cave drops a staff that binds souls of "lesser levels" but the cool thing is that the staff dropped twice for me during the boss fight. The boss duplicates himself during the fight and I killed his duplicate before him and picked up two staffs from it.

Just an FYI for people who want a free way to bind souls.

Not trying to spoil it, but with the new patch it's no longer just a matter of getting a dragon to the ground. Now you have to worry about the landing. TOTAL CARNAGE for me the first time.

Is X-Box behind in the patches compared to PS3? It seems your smithing wasn't nerfed as soon as mine and I have been seeing the "landing" you are talking about for what seems like quite some time now.

I wanted to add, for all the non-magic characters out there, there is a cave near Falkreath called Hallidor's Cairn. The boss in this cave drops a staff that binds souls of "lesser levels" but the cool thing is that the staff dropped twice for me during the boss fight. The boss duplicates himself during the fight and I killed his duplicate before him and picked up two staffs from it.

Just an FYI for people who want a free way to bind souls.

Yep. Same thing happened for me too.

Is X-Box behind in the patches compared to PS3? It seems your smithing wasn't nerfed as soon as mine and I have been seeing the "landing" you are talking about for what seems like quite some time now.

I dunno. I don't get the PS3 patches. :drunk::D

1.6 installed last night and the new landing occured for the first time. At first, I thought it was a Level occurence. But, some firends also commented about the new sequence. Fvcker slid into me and pinned me against a wall doing some serious damage. Worst bit is, I just watch him come in too cause I was expecting him to flutter around a bit and then land. Next thing I know I was like, Ummmm he's coming in pretty hot. FVVVVVVVVVCK!

I never updated my version, but the dragon still lines up for a power slide and shakes the ground like hell. You really have to stand out of the way.

I love my Two-handed/heavy armor/nord chick. I have not put points into anything but two handed and heavy armor yet and will continue to not do so until I have only the last perk or two left in each tree. So far I am just mowing threw, one hit killing just about anything other than big animals.

Restarted with a weaponless thief/mage build. Got my sneak and destruction leveled up, the perk for +25% to fire spells, have the robes of destruction, and now I tiptoe in, lure them out one at a time and hit them with a firebolt where no one else can see.

And if I run up against a heavy magic user, I buff with stoneflesh + steadfast ward + breton blood.

Having a lot more fun with this one. I love caves with lots of draugr, because I can sneak up to the sleeping draugr and burn them to "death" before they can even get up.

@H-ost

I do that with my Dark Elf Archer. She picks apart a Giant with a single arrow while crouching. But my skills are still pretty well rounded other than a few of the mage minors like illusion, conjuration, restoration.

I can easily bump those up those skills though by training with a teacher at the college, then selling them a bunch of items I don't need to get my money back.

@H-ost

I do that with my Dark Elf Archer. She picks apart a Giant with a single arrow while crouching. But my skills are still pretty well rounded other than a few of the mage minors like illusion, conjuration, restoration.

Ayup. Ebony bow of Frost, Ebony arrows, high Archery skill, Helm + gauntlets + ring + necklace of Archery, and Sneak attack and I can usually take down a Mammoth in 2 or 3 hits.

I don't recall what variety of dragon it was but, once, I even took a Elixir of True Shot plus all the previously mentioneds and took a dragon in two hits. First hit forced it down, second hit took it out. Although, I am unsure if my follower got any arrows in too. When she does, I usually have something to recover and that time I did not.

I use a modifed bow, gloves, helmet, and ring... but even with an Iron or Forsworn arrow, those Giant's tumble in one shot.

I use a modifed bow, gloves, helmet, and ring... but even with an Iron or Forsworn arrow, those Giant's tumble in one shot.

Yep. Most characters have become so easy to 'one shot kill' taht I have seriously considered upping the game difficulty to Master.

Damn... I played this weekend and now that I'm posting on this thread I REALLY want to play today but I can't...

Yep. Most characters have become so easy to 'one shot kill' taht I have seriously considered upping the game difficulty to Master.

I'm on Master now, but my second character just developed skills way faster than my first, so the one shot kills still work most of the time.

@H-ost

I can easily bump those up those skills though by training with a teacher at the college, then selling them a bunch of items I don't need to get my money back.

I was getting close to being that strong with my assassin/thief but my damned "Character ADHD" keeps me wanting to make new characters...

My first character has 100 sneak and 95+ archery. Then I made 3 other characters. My Character ADHD is the same.

I just realised last night that I have 100 Sneak.

I am very near to having 100 in Smithing (95), Archery(98), and Heavy Armor (90).

The only tree I have taken more than a perk or two with is Archery.

I just realised last night that I have 100 Sneak.

I am very near to having 100 in Smithing (95), Archery(98), and Heavy Armor (90).

The only tree I have taken more than a perk or two with is Archery.

I have the top level perk for sneaking. It makes the game too easy. Just crouch and no one can find you.

Back