Bought a keg for 40$

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabe

It's a sickness!
Reaction score
So I happened by a scrap metal yard today at work while trying to find some 2x5 square tubing today and the guy there had a 15.5 gal keg sitting by his scale. I asked him if it was for sale and he told me 60$. I told him 40$ and he sold me it. Don't know if it was a good price, it doesn't really matter to me though because I already have my 3 keg set up. I've been thinking about making another MT. If I had 2 mash tuns then I would be able to pull off 20 gal batches with a little more time added to my brew day. Anyone else out there have 2 MT's and loving it?

Yes I have, but the fact that I could possibly brew another 10 gal every brew sess is keeping me on the 2nd MT thing. I could weld some SS legs on it and a few couplers and figure a way to pressurize it . Having a keg fermenter would be cool.

I'd say that's a very fair price. Do you have enough corny kegs to do the 10 and 20 gallon batches? why not just buy a sanke coupler and just keg in the sanke

Back