Can't decide what to make

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krazykripple

Reaction score
if this is posted in the wrong place can a mod please move it.

I've been toying with the idea of doing a really small AG batch to try out the process using this recipe

Malts:
2 lbs 2 Row Pale Malt

.25 lbs 2 Row Caramel Malt 60L

Hops:
All Centennial (Its going to be a little hoppy for the style, but its the Pacific Northwest and I could only by 2 oz at a time.)

.25 oz First Wort Hopping

.15 oz (60 min)

.25 oz (10 min)

.35 oz (1 min)

.25 oz (Flame Out)

.75 oz (Dry Hop 1 Week)

Yeast:
Safale US-05 (Half packet)

Directions:
Bring 144 oz of water up to 150 – 155 degrees and drop your grain in to start the mash. I lost 10 to 12 degrees when I dropped mine in. So I’ll adjust for that next time. After and hour, pull the bag out and into a strainer over the wort and pour 112 oz of 170 to 180 degree water over the top to rinse the grain and finalize conversions. Be sure to do your best to pour slowly and not splash any wort at this point. Hot side aeration is bad!!!

Boil for 60 minutes adding hops along the way.

Cool down as fast as you can. I just put a lid on mine and put in the freezer for 120 minutes. Not ideal, but my sink leaks water and a wort chiller is not a possibility.

Rehydrate and pitch yeast. Ferment the hell out of it

I'm not sure if i want to go to all that work just for 1 gal of beer so i was wondering if adding a tin of light lme and topping it up to 5 gal would work?
also i was only able to get New Zealand varieties of hops so i bought Pacific Gem and Motueka (both pellets). I was planning on using the Pacific Gem as bittering and the Motueka as flavour/aroma hops.
I've already got 1kg (2.2lb) of UK pale ale malt and 1kg of crystal. can someone suggest a good recipe please?
thanks in advance.

Back