Crispin @ Whole Foods...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeSponge

Reaction score
I stopped by Whole Foods Monday night and drifted by their sandwich grill, where they have a list of rotating drafts. Just in is Crispin on tap. I got a sample and in a fit of sanity bought a growler and filled it w/ 40 oz. I've been sampling every night, and every night it gets better.

I don't remember WHAT is in their tap (WH), but Crispin only makes a couple recipes, and only a couple are listed as available in draft.

I like it lots, with its floral scent and apple flavor. It's not sweet by any means, but it's not really dry, and definitely not "beery".

Nice on tap, and I hope that it comes back often after this shipment is out.

On their shelves, they have the Crispin "Honey Crisp" "cloudy cider". I don't know whether this is the same thing that they have on tap, but I hope to sample it next week after my 40 is up.
I'm attaching a picture from the cold case. Also in the picture are the every great JK's Scrumpy, and also the every disgusting JK's Solstice. Gasoline as a chaser is the only way that I can think of the Solstice being drinkable.
WH_Ciders.jpg

You may want to try a wandering aengus as well. Very nice ciders.
http://www.wanderingaengus.com/

I had never had a cider I liked before they were in my local store sampling their stuff. I recommend them highly. they do cost a premium though.

Back