So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the chips fall in place and I get everything else done this week I will be brewing my winter stout this weekend so it can age until the end of November.

Raspberry porter tonight. Took a late lunch so I could mash while at work in the afternoon. Started doughing in and remembered you need a bag for biab. Think I lost about 200gm of pale malt. Started afresh tonight.

Brewing up a simple ESB. Should be a good recipe to keep on hand as a house beer. It's been too long since I last brewed an ESB.

Do you have a favorite recipe? I'm planning to brew my first ESB as my next brew most likely. I'm not brewing this weekend, sadly, but that's only because I already have my two kegs full and a carboy in my fermentation chamber :). I'm starting to feel like I need to get a 3rd/4th keg and switch to buckets so I can have more than one batch fermenting at a time. I use a ~5.5cu ft. chest freezer to ferment in.

Do you have a favorite recipe? I'm planning to brew my first ESB as my next brew most likely. I'm not brewing this weekend, sadly, but that's only because I already have my two kegs full and a carboy in my fermentation chamber :). I'm starting to feel like I need to get a 3rd/4th keg and switch to buckets so I can have more than one batch fermenting at a time. I use a ~5.5cu ft. chest freezer to ferment in.
Bit R Done
This is my old house recipe for an ESB. It's got a little more hop kick than other ESBs but is still a really good beer. Once I test out my new recipe I'll post it up if it's worthy.

I'm starting to feel like I need to get a 3rd/4th keg and switch to buckets so I can have more than one batch fermenting at a time. I use a ~5.5cu ft. chest freezer to ferment in.

Kegs are on sale at AIH right now...just saying.

Going to try and sneak in a Father's Day brew. Think I have the stuff on hand for another simple stout. I know I have the grain and yeast, not sure on the hops.

Brewing tomorrow or Thursday... probably tomorrow(need to mow Thur if it dries up). Caribou Slobber from NB, my neighbor asked for a batch and is paying for it and coming over to be brew slave...

I need to get ingredients in for some lawnmower beers, some nice simple ales that are medium alcohol, low on bitter... like this recipe

Fermentables
Amount Fermentable PPG °L Bill %
7 lb United Kingdom - Maris Otter Pale 38 3.75 82.4%
0.75 lb United Kingdom - Extra Dark Crystal 120L 33 120 8.8%
0.75 lb Belgian - Biscuit 35 23 8.8%
8.5 lb Total
Hops
Amount Variety Type AA Use Time IBU
1 oz Fuggles Pellet 4.5 Boil 60 min 17.98
1 oz Kent Goldings Pellet 5 Boil 45 min 18.34
0.5 oz Styrian Goldings Pellet 5.5 Aroma 5 min 2.19
Hops Summary
Amount Variety Type AA
1 oz Fuggles Pellet 4.5
1 oz Kent Goldings Pellet 5
0.5 oz Styrian Goldings Pellet 5.5
Mash Guidelines
Amount Description Type Temp Time
11.305 qt Infusion 154 F 90 min
Starting Mash Thickness: 1.33 qt/lb
Yeast
Wyeast - West Yorkshire 1469
Attenuation (avg):
69%
Flocculation:
High
Optimum Temp:
64 - 72 °F
Starter:
No
Fermentation Temp:
65 °F
Pitch Rate:
0.5 (M cells / ml / ° P)
119 B cells required

Working the bugs out of my new set..and equipment. Time to fully test with the infamous Double Citra DIPA...after the baby goes to sleep tonight.

Going to attempt a Born Again Yesterday clone from Lagunitas. Next to almost no recipe information, other than what hops are used..should be fun!

Gotta brew this weekend after seven weeks without. I'm gonna use my fresh Omega Hothead courtesy of @GQT, the only question is whether I try it out of style on a caramel amber ale or a bit more conservatively on a Rye Saison.

Brewing 10 gallons of Kolsch on saturday and 5 of a french saison sunday. And something needs smoking bad....... And to all those who know the joy i have. Happy Fathers Day.

HOME BREW RECIPE:
Title: Belgian Tripel

Brew Method: Extract
Style Name: Belgian Tripel
Boil Time: 60 min
Batch Size: 5 gallons (fermentor volume)
Boil Size: 3 gallons
Boil Gravity: 1.126
Efficiency: 25% (steeping grains only)

STATS:
Original Gravity: 1.076
Final Gravity: 1.014
ABV (alternate): 8.61%
IBU (tinseth): 28.37
SRM (morey): 7.35

FERMENTABLES:
9.3 lb - Liquid Malt Extract - Pilsen (71.5%)
0.7 lb - Soft Candi Sugar - Blond (5.4%)

STEEPING GRAINS:
1 lb - American - Caramel / Crystal 10L (7.7%)
1 lb - German - Abbey Malt (7.7%)
1 lb - Canadian - Pale Wheat (7.7%)

HOPS:
1 oz - Galena, Type: Pellet, AA: 13, Use: Boil for 50 min, IBU: 23.73
1 oz - Liberty, Type: Pellet, AA: 4, Use: Boil for 20 min, IBU: 4.65

OTHER INGREDIENTS:
1 each - whirlfloc, Time: 10 min, Type: Other, Use: Boil

YEAST:
Fermentis / Safale - Safbrew - Abbaye Yeast
Starter: Yes
Form: Dry
Attenuation (avg): 82%
Flocculation: High
Optimum Temp: 54 - 77 F
Fermentation Temp: 70 F
Pitch Rate: 0.5 (M cells / ml / deg P)

PRIMING:
Method: Corn Sugar
Amount: 2/3 C.

NOTES:

Brewing a Schneider Weisse Hopfenweisse clone on Sunday. I made a 5 liter yeast starter Tuesday night with Wyeast Weihenstephan 3068 and it went gangbusters through the wort, blowing out the top of the flask even though it was on a stir plate. I'm doing 50/50 German Pilsner and White wheat malt. Bittering with Hallertau, then whirlpooling with Saphir, then dry hopping with a bunch more Saphir. Hope it turns out.

Going to squeeze in a quick sour Sunday. Attempting to mimic provenance from jester king. After primary finishes in adding orange and grapefruit juice and zest.

gotta brew something... either 5gal undead guy or 10gal Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Hope to taste the Fizzy Yellow Beer thats chilling...

On vacation visiting friends. I brought some grain and hops. My buddy is providing some DME and yeast. We're brewing what I'm calling Some English Brew. It's just some sort of English pale ale with some biscuit malt and a little bit of medium crystal. Using Millenium and Sonnet Goldings along with Thames Valley Ale II yeast.

We'll be brewing it up after dinner tonight (he's working during the day).

Brewing a quick finishing mead. Must to glass in 6 days. I'll be making up the lacking body/taste with a home made tea. Hopefully nail down a recipe if I open a brewery so I can have a mead that'll get out the doors quick if needed.

I work weekends so I brewed today! just finished up a brew day for an all nugget IPA. Pitched wlp075 slurry from a previous batch.

My weekend starts tomorrow and I'll be brewing a Blue Moon clone recipe I found here on HBT, I'm so excited!!

Gonna be busy but after bottling my stout and racking my marzen, I am brewing my cream ale, dammit! Lol

Last two weekends I have tried to brew but the gods weren't in favor...

Husband is in Vegas with his buddies, so I was going to try to get ambitious and do TWO AG batches in one day...on mature reflection (and reflecting on dirty house and lots of laundry) I'm going to stick with one, AIH's Racer 5 clone. I've done it PM twice now and really want to see what it's like AG. 1st batch was waaaaaaay too malty. Tested out my new propane burner last night, it's effing wonderful. Tomorrow's supposed to be nice so will be treating my neighbors to some beautiful smells from my front yard!!

First brew on my new Brew Boss setup! Can't wait. Just going for a good 'ole American Pale Ale. I need something a bit more... session-able.

Thrown together brew day and did my first full volume mash, which definitely simplified things but turns out I hit a crazy efficiency so I had to dilute, but over diluted so doing an extra 15 minutes on the boil and calling it a day. Well see how it turns out, trying for a lawnmower beer as I just brewed up 10gal of my very hoppy house pale last week and would like something easy going for that Saturday afternoon beer

We tapped the cream ale this week, it's OK but not too exciting. Da Yooper's house pale ale is in the fermenter two weeks this Sunday, so going to brew up BierMuncher's Centennial Blond Sunday! Saturday is tied up with a paired tasting and meal at the Safe House Saloon in Lansing (IA), so we'll go for Sunday brew day.

Back