Trader Joe's Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
For those who live in an area where you have a Trader Joe's store, has any one tried their own brand of beer? They have several varieties including Bohemian Lager, Vienna Lager, Hofbrau Bock, Bavarian Hefeweizen, and they even had a Winter Doppelbock. The prices are great, $4.99 a six-pack, and the quality is actually pretty good. I'm suspecting that the beer is actually brewed under contract with Gordon Beirsch, because 1. the logos are similar, with the "GB" or "TJ" and the barley graphic, and 2. both Gordon Beirsch and the TJ's are brewed in San Jose, CA. Does anyone else know anything about this?

Dont have any info on who the contract bewery is, but I just discovered this stuff last week. I have to say the beer is great....ok...at least very good, but the price makes it great. I don't remember the last time I picked up a six pack of quality beer for less than 6 bucks (in my area its about 5.29 or 5.49 a sixer). I've tried the Bohemian lager and the Oatmeal stout and both are really good. I will be stopping by there again real soon. Im hoping that their wine is just a tasty as its only 3.29 per bottle regardless of the variety!! Outstanding prices for a quality product.....Im totally hooked!

The beer allegedly is the real deal, but I articles I have read suggest it is contract brewed by local breweries. Distribution is a regional thing. Depending on the laws within your state, Trader Joes may or may not be permitted so sell beer.

Back