Oxford Mississippi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donner

Reaction score
Anyone in or around Oxford? The wife and i are moving there this july and i was just curious who was brewing there.

It's illegal to homebrew in MS? Wow, i didn't know that at all. I hope the po-po wont show up when i'm out in the driveway brewing.

I hope the po-po wont show up when i'm out in the driveway brewing.
Yeah, that's the downside of having the neighbors call the cops on you because they think you have a driveway meth lab -- once you convince the cops you're just brewing beer you still get arrested.

Actually, I've never heard of a home brewer being arrested in Mississippi, I just suspect if they came in for other reasons they'd do it to save embarrassment. It's why I tend to keep my brewing to myself.

Rick

What is this world coming to that a man can't make intoxicating beverages in his own driveway?

This is something i'd expect where i live now (Lubbock, Texas). It's the second-most conservative city in the US and still doesn't allow package alcohol sales inside the city limits. You can buy it outside the city, but there is only one game in town so you can imagine what the prices are like. Not to mention the closest town is around 110 miles away...

I might just have to introduce myself to the new neighbors with a 6-pack and an offer to help me make more. That should keep them from thinking i'm a meth lab... i hope.

Back