Pineapple Wine!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nsh22

Reaction score
Heres the album of my process: http://imgur.com/a/B1zWT

This is my second brew, 1st being apfelwein. Hopefully this turns out. OG reading was 1.08. For 1 gallon, used 3 pineapples and approx 5 cups sugar and 1/2 pack of EC1118
Questions:
1) I am using a sanitizer that says to stay in contact for 20 mins, if I swirled it around the fermentor every once in a while during that time, it should be sanitized right?
2) What would you suggest I do different?
3)Whats your recipe and aging times for this? I've seen 6-12 months as the norm.

Thanks!!!!!

I also posted this to r/homebrewing on reddit :p

why did you put the corker in the sanitizer? haha

otherwise cool! Hope it comes out well!

In the future I would suggest using a grain bag to put the fruit in. Then you could crush the fruit and remove the bag after a week before you put in a secondary, so it will be a lot easier to clear.

Also I suggest pectic enzyme

why did you put the corker in the sanitizer? haha

otherwise cool! Hope it comes out well!

In the future I would suggest using a grain bag to put the fruit in. Then you could crush the fruit and remove the bag after a week before you put in a secondary, so it will be a lot easier to clear.

Also I suggest pectic enzyme

Ha! i bought the corker used and it needed some cleaning.
Turns out i need to throw this batch away :( I used glue to seal the airlock to the lid and i guess it wasnt dry enough. when I put the lid back on I guess the force created a vacuum and sucked a few drops of glue in... It was only a $6 batch but still sucks...

And yes, i will be getting a grain bag soon for this purpose :p

buying a 12 dollar fermenting lid and bucket will save you tons of pain, and possible contamination. you will need to sanitize the lid as well, and with glue I think that will be very hard. Either use on the reputale homebrew supply stores online or your local homebrewing store. Trust, it will make things so much easier

Back