How do I tell my husband that I can't drink our delicious brew for 9 months?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats! Yes. Tell him he can start planning/brewing for a celebration brew for when your new family member arrives! Something for the two of you to celebrate with together and with family/friends when they visit! It MUST be a special one of a kind brew though! (unless twins are involved lol). CONGRATS!!

Congratulations....also, it depends on who you ask but I know more and more of the medical community is coming around to the notion that moderate alcohol consumption doesn't really affect pregnancy and/or fetus/baby. Something in the one drink/week range is OK....again, something you want to check with your Doc. and make a decision for yourself.

Congrats! I would go with some of the other suggestion of a celebratory brew.

Or you could email him a link to this thread.

Congrats! Find a pic of a sonigram online and make a label for a Barleywine and show it to him. He should "get it" then!

One of the many reasons I don't want to be pregnant anytime soon. 9 months without beer seems like torture. At least give me a brew while I'm in labor. Has to be better than all those drugs they pump into you.

One of the many reasons I don't want to be pregnant anytime soon. 9 months without beer seems like torture. At least give me a brew while I'm in labor. Has to be better than all those drugs they pump into you.

FWIW I've read plenty of medical articles that say MILD drinking is not harmful. A glass of LOW ABV beer a couple of times a week is ok. That sort of thing.

Then again, NO alcohol is also good.

Just think, after all of those months of no beer, you get to come home from the hospital and be too tired to want to do anything other than sleep!

Congratulations....also, it depends on who you ask but I know more and more of the medical community is coming around to the notion that moderate alcohol consumption doesn't really affect pregnancy and/or fetus/baby. Something in the one drink/week range is OK....again, something you want to check with your Doc. and make a decision for yourself.

congrats!

Above is solid advice. The first trimester is when you want to stay away from it most. After that I from what I understand the occasional drink is fine.

British health officials ENCOURAGE women to consume a pint or two of stout per week during pregnancy. Loads of nutritious goodies!

Congrats!!

Ask him if he is able to brew an Non-Alcoolic beer,

He might answer: I surely could but thats a non sens, 3sec after he might realise!

I'd just wait til he offered me a beer and tell him "No, I don't want to risk the babies health"

And then start the stopwatch to see how long it takes him to realize what just happened.

When my wife was pregnant I made her some kinder beer. In Germany, beer is part of the cultural diet. In order to get children acclimated to the taste of beer, they make kinderbier, literally children beer. It's unfermented wort that is carbonated. Before industrial CO2 was developed, they would krausen it to naturally carbonate it and ended up below 1% ABV.

What I did was run off 2.5 or so gallons of wort from the kettle and put the rest in the fermenter. The 2.5 gallons went into a Scotty keg and put on CO2. The rest was fermented out.

Congrats!!

This reminds me of how me and my wife told my parents we were having another baby. We live 800miles from my parents and when driving there we had a water pump go out and we didn't get there until2am but I woke my dad and mom up gave them this beer.

image-564500846.jpg

Thank you for all your ideas and support. It is our first and I went with the simple approach. To which he replied, "I thought something was up." Now his mind is exploding over details. :)

Congrats!! My daughter is due March 1st, and aside from tastings I stopped drinking for the 9 months along with SWMBO. I have been brewing like CRAZY though lol

Don't judge. I was trying to figure out how to tell him. And was bursting at the seams to say something to somebody :) To make it real. It helped a lot! So truly Thank You!

You honor us with first knowledge!

Crack open his favorite brew or something rare, have a sip give him the rest and you really shouldn't have more.

AB-Brew said:
Just found out we're pregnant! Any ideas on how to let the Brewmaster in the house know?

Just tell him he has a designated driver for the next year or more. That's what my wife did.

Back