Berliner Weisse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgardner6

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to make a Peach Berliner Weisse. What would be best to use Oregon Puree or Peach flavoring. I thought maybe Oregon Puree would give it a better flavor. If I use it should I put it in secondary or in the boil?

I've not used Oregon products personally, but i've never heard anything bad. In fact, many people claim to get better results than when using fresh fruit.

I would definitely add it in the secondary.

If you want a peach flavor you might try apricots, Ive tried fresh peaches before and no flavor survived fermentation, now it was a "clean" beer so I dunno how the acid migh effect thigns, others have said that theyve been able to get peach flavor in their sours

If you do try the peaches you might have a bottle of extract on hand to supplement the flavor if needed

That's not a bad idea to use extract as well. I also have about 10 pounds of frozen peachs I picked off my tree this year. I just might throw a few of them in there too.

I'd try the Oregon puree in the secondary (I definitely wouldn't boil it). I did this with an Apricot wheat a year ago and the flavor washed out in the ferment, so I supplemented with an extract, which turned out ok. Good luck, and post your results!

Back