What should I build with this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldschool

Reaction score
showphoto.php
Someone gave me this thing that came out of an old washing machine. It's all stainless steel and is around 30 gallons. I need some cool ideas on what to make out of it. thanks

Jimmy hat... uncomfortable
Small boat.... maybe
Substitute for a brown paper bag.... tough sell

Good luck with that beast. I'm sure the minds around here can come up with something.

boil pot for BIG beers that need extra time in the boil kettle. With all the surface area that thing has it might cut a half hour off of a 2 hour boil... :ban:

Find a snowy mountain, climb to the top, sit in it, push off, avoid trees and rocks.

I'm picturing National Lampoon's Xmas Vacation...Make sure you spray that "special" lube on it!

OP, it honestly makes me think of some kind of centrifuge...but I'm pulling that outta my :ban:

Electric HLT or direct fired Mash tun...

Open fermenter!!!

Heat exchanger for herms or precooling water for your chiller.

Also looks great for holding your crushed grain before mash in.

I tossed one of those in the compactors... I hate you for not making me read this post earlier. But I come across these every once in awhile so I am subscribing to this thread to see what mad scientist comes up with.... :)

Find another one and put a gasket between the two for a conical of sorts. Kinda like the big Blingmann one. Clamps around the outskirts and you can use it for a group/big brew. 60 gallon capacity makes for an easy barrel and a half brew day!!!

Back