Hops in my garden

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoskiwoski

Reaction score
Hi , I am new to all this but I have discovered a hops plant in my back garden, there isn't loads but a small bush, I would like to use them somehow , I am thinking of getting a small starter kit and chucking them in near the end for extra flavour, I also have a load of oranges that I need to use could I incorparatethem? I am a big fan of belgium wittbeer and I know this has orange peel and coriander in it, would I be able to use these two things to get something nice? As I said I am new to this so I think a starter brew kit is best for me but I know this comes with the hops and yeast ready mixed as a kit. Any ideas will be gratly appreciated.
Thanx

Maybe with pictures showing leaves, side growth and a close-up of a cone. Most hop plants aren't all that distinctive.

Using the hops for aroma is your best bet.

So, would it be ok for me to get a kit and put them in near the end, what about the oranges when would I put those in, also should I order a bitter kit or a lager kit if I want to try and make something like a wittbeer?

Thanks again for your input

Back