greatest compliment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houndhome1

Reaction score
On thrusday I hosted an end of the year party for approx 20 guys. I made an Irish draught ale for the event. Several guys brought their favorite drink.

We had Sam, Sam summer, blue moon, and a bud light guy. Yah I know, how did he get invlted.

Just for something to do. we did a blind taste test. I used all red plastic cups, and poured the same amount of each. I then had the guys come in and do a test.

Results
My homebrew was an overall favorite, even the budlight guy.
Blue Moon was second followed by Sam.

They felt my homwbrew tasted fresher(kegged), smoother, with a easy drinkability.

I was at a Wiccan mid-summer party last night (yeah .. don't ask...) and a BMC-swilling chick asked for one of my beers. She said her favorite beer was Natty Light because of the price, sheesh! Anyway, I gave her an American Wheat (recipe from Jamil Show) and she raved about it for quite a bit! Even asked me a bunch of questions about brewing and stuff! So its always awesome to have someone compliment your beer.

"I think this is the best Russian Stout I've ever tasted."

That's the best compliment I've gotten on one of my beers, and it was only my 3rd all-grain. Special thanks to brewpastor for his awesome russian stout recipe.

i have been slowly trying to build up my girlfriends palette for more than just BMC and blue moon. i have been giving her a steady stream of witbier and more recently SNs Kellerweis .she ran out of all the good stuff and had to buy a six pack of BL.

gf: "It sucks that i ran out of your beer and i have to drink BL"
me: "Its really bland isnt it?"
gf: "Yeah"

it just gave me that warm fuzzy. i have a pumpkin ale and a hefe coming up, which should help to further her palette along a little more. hopefully by this time next year ill have her drinking IIPAs :rockin:

It is neat to get compliments on your beer. :) I know it always puts a smile on my face. But what makes me smile even more, is when my beer starts to taste AWESOME to me. Well, thats usually a bad thing because I tend to drink it alot faster...
-Me

My mom telling me that from now on she would only drink my beers from a shot glass.

This was the morning after she polished off 3 bombers of Oatmeal Stout and a Triple.

Back