Ready for this weekends 1st all-grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riored4v

Reaction score
Removed the ball-valve from old partial mash tun and tossed it into my new 10gal cooler. Then built myself a manifold. I'm really happy with how it turned out, hopefully it performs good. All I really need now is a bigger hot lauter tun (or finishing converting one of my other kegs), but i'll make my old brew pot work for now.

Along with getting a few things fixed, and adding new equipment, i picked up some ingredients for an Irish Red, Porter and a new IPA. Gonna kick off my first all-grain this weekend

Old partial mash cooler, and new 10gal mash tun

Done

New hop bag. My old one melted a bit :eek:

And all my grains for the upcoming brews. 45lbs of sweetness.

Good luck. The first AG is a bit intimidating, but you'll realize real soon how easy it is.

Good luck. The first AG is a bit intimidating, but you'll realize real soon how easy it is.

I'm a bit nervous, but excited also.

I figure it can't be TOO much different than mashing in my small cooler. I did pick up some 5.2 though to help aid me..lol

That's the same cooler (the smaller one) that I use for partial mashes and 2.5 gal AG brews. When I have space, I plan a similar upgrade. If you've done PM in that cooler, you'll have no problem going AG. It will be much like your PM brews, except more grain and no extract.

Back